No announcement yet.

Fender's Telecaster for playing rythm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender's Telecaster for playing rythm?

Aynone has some background info on that?
    Is it appropiate?
    What pickup's are best with it?
    Anyone tried EMG?

Re: Fender\'s Telecaster for playing rythm?

You have to give us more info than that!! What style of music? EMG pickups can make any guitar play almost every type of music.

Comment

Yeah, more info is definitely needed. A good player can play anything on anything, so really what's the question?
      If you're playing Death Metal, I somehow don't think a Tele is gonna give you the balls you need. If you're playing Country OR Western [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] then the Tele is perfect, as you don't need balls [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am more into hard rock!
        I am using gibson es 335 right now but thinking of changing to something else!

I play rythm in a band with 3 guitars! And my role is solely those hard rythm parts!

Any suggestion onwhat should i try?
        If not Tele?

Comment

I've played teles with Dimarzio Chopper T's (single-sized hum for teles) in the bridge. It's a different sound, but through a high gain amp it's pretty cool. Teles are probably one of my all-time favorite player guitars. They're about as basic as you can get, but have a vibe all their own. I love teles...

Comment

Being a Status Quo fan, I hafta admit my genuine fondness of tele's. They're great for rhythm, playability is fine in my book. But still whether you like them or not largely depends on the tone you are looking for.

Comment

Then again, if you check the recent Fender ads, there's one that shows a collage of everyone from Muddy Waters, the Clash, Tom Petty, Jeff Beck, the Georgia Satellites, Kieth Richards, and Jimmy Page all using a Telecaster. They're as versatile as you are, but truly for hard rock you need a guitar that was designed for it - like a Jackson [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Didn't Jimmy Page record the whole first Zeppelin album on a Tele?

[ July 10, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree and think every artist you mentioned playing tele is grand!
                  So there is really nothin wrong with tele being setup as rythm guitar?

How about a tele with a EMG pickups?

Anyone?

Comment

Tele's are great guitars. I have owned many, and am looking for another (maybe a CS Nocaster). There are different configurations of Telecaster's. There is the vintage reissue, which is better suited for lead work as the copper plated steel baseplate on the bridge pickup combined with the one piece maple neck makes them rather twangy and bright. If you want something darker, go for a Standard (USA or Mexico) Telecaster with a rosewood fretboard.

Comment

If you want a recent tele, your odds of finding a good one are greater with a G&L ASAT or a Hamer T-51 than with a Fender.

Comment

Two words...Joe Strummer...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry From Ghana:
                          If you want a recent tele, your odds of finding a good one are greater with a G&L ASAT or a Hamer T-51 than with a Fender.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe on used or older unsold G&L's. Three G&L dealers I know have expressed that over the past year G&L quality has really taken a tumble.

Comment

Working...
                          X