BC Rich question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich question

what up guys. in my travels around my new town, i've noticed that two different places have these guitars. they are a regular "strat" shaped body, single hum, trem, reversed head BC Rich with USA or something like that on the headstock. these two guitars are pretty much the exact same except for the graphics. are these guitars worth my time to pick up? just wondering cause i've never owned a Rich. thanks for any responses.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: BC Rich question

sounds like gunslingers...very nice if priced right...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

If they are definitely USA-built Gunslingers, buy them now! Awesome guitars, you'll read many good things about them on this board!

Comment

USA Gunslingers (of course they're USA - if they were anything else, they wouldn't be Gunslingers - there was no import!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) are some of the best guitars I've had the pleasure of owning. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Tell me a little more about them - what kind of graphics, etc? If you're not going to get them, a tip on where they are, etc., would be really cool. I've got three Gunslinger now, and a couple other USA Rich strat-type guiatrs as well. I love 'em!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[email protected] - if you'd like to talk about them... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

the main one i remember is a blue one. can't recall what the rest of the graphic was. the second was black i believe. both places are asking around 300 bones for them. strange how they are priced the same at two different stores. i may have to bring one home to give it a try. and by the way chris, they are here in Tucson AZ. if i score one and don't like it, i'll give you first dibs. thanks for the info guys.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Gary! Yeah - it would be tough for me to zip down to Arizona to check out a guitar - I live in Minnesota... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You'll like the Slinger though - they're killer. ST-3's are pretty damn cool too - they feel QUITE similar to the Slinger, but they have more pickups. Other than that, probably the best buy around!

Comment

Anyone have any pics of what the gunslinger looks like so I can keep an eye open for one? I may try to eventually get one of these especially with all the good things i hear about them.

Comment

Charvel FK -

Here you go...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/chrisolso...uitars&.view=t

Enjoy... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey now look pretty good... and seems to be some variety of headstacks and body variations. Do they all have graphics too?

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                    the headstocks should all be the same. there are 3 shapes the ST-3 & 2 versions of the gunslinger. the gunslinger is more dinky shaped with slightly longer thinner horns, there is a variation with thinner sharper horns almost ibanez like, the ST is more strat like.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the headstocks are all the same, although usually Gunslingers are reversed.

NO - The ST-3 and the Gunslinger bodies are EXACTLY the same size and shape (you had mentioned this before Jamie, and I checked it out). They're identical. The only difference is that the edge route on the ST-3 is more like a strat - it uses a 1/4" round edge route, where the edge route on the Gunslinger is a 1/16" round route, very similar to Ibanez RG's. The edge route gives them the appearance of being different, but they are not - the bodies are the same size - just an illusion! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have two bodies that I built - they were made from the same template. One was given "strat-style" body contours and edge routes, where the other was left alone like a telecaster. The one without the body relief contours, and 1/16" edge route looks bigger even though it actually isn't. Weird, but true!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelFK:
                      Hey now look pretty good... and seems to be some variety of headstacks and body variations. Do they all have graphics too?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Gunslingers are the single hum guitars; the H-S-S are ST-3's. Bodies are the same, necks are same shape, but they all have different profiles (just slightly, however), which leads me to think that they are probably hand-finished to some extent. The bodies are the same - the only one that was different was the Skull & Crossbones, but that guitar was different, but it was COMPLETELY different - built in a different place at a different time! A true ClassAxe model! Ecchhh... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] didn't really like that one other than the graphic. All the others I had were older ones and they had MOJO! Beat up a bit, but HIGHLY playable. Among the BEST I've had the pleasure to play!

Comment

the headstocks should all be the same. there are 3 shapes the ST-3 & 2 versions of the gunslinger. the gunslinger is more dinky shaped with slightly longer thinner horns, there is a variation with thinner sharper horns almost ibanez like, the ST is more strat like.

Comment

Working...
                        X