Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alvarez artists series koa top accostix ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alvarez artists series koa top accostix ?

hey guys I got a chance to pick this up cheap , does anyone know how much they cost new or what they should sell for used ? it's in mint shape the store wants 400 / 450 canadian for it , and the only prices I can find for a new one similer to it are 875 / 900 us bucks , also the store knows nothing about it or where it's from or made and I probably will get it cheaper cause they are whining about it having a koa top and not spruce [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think she sounds nice and thick as well for a thin line / body accostix . any way let me know ! thanks ! //Steve

Re: alvarez artists series koa top accostix ?

Usually they are made in Japan. Traditionaly on acoustics, the Alvarez-Yairi name or just Yairi is used on their top models, and the Alvarez name goes on their budget models.....Of course if its a Summit series, then its top notch all the way. Did you get a year or model number?

Comment

no info at all they realy don't know what they are selling cause I've talked to em about it it seems like a mid range guitar cause it's got the alvarez logo on it but the artist series starts at 875 in the guitar world buyers guide and some of the other ones[ alvarez guitars ] start the same it's got a inlay on the 12th fret and no inlays or dots so I know it's from the artists series . does 450 seen to high [canadian dollar ?]//Steve

Comment

I would stay away from it. Alvarez has made tons of models known as Artist models, so youre taking a crap shoot. I remember about 8 or so year ago, they did make one with Koa, and it had a retail price of about $450. The Guitar World Buyers Guide is not a great reference, because they seem to not list the Artist models that are well below $875, which there are tons.........

Comment

thanks man ! I accualy got a ibanez ae with fishman eq pretty cheap brand new and it sounds worlds better than the alvarez , just got to give it a truss adjustment though and I lost my allan key that size [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
          X