Carvin Bolt Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Bolt Kits?

Any of you lot had any experience with these?
    The UK importer is now finally listing them as available, for a fairly reasonable price. I've wanted to put a Strat-type together for ages, and this looks like an ideal opportunity. There are only two models listed,one with a fixed bridge and the other with a Wilkinson - is it worth going for the Wilky, bearing in mind that I love my Floyds? Is it true that a Strat pickguard will fit, as I intend to ditch the single coils straight away,and nail in a couple of fat 'buckers!

Re: Carvin Bolt Kits?

A few of my friends have them (I have a bolt plus kit, which is rear routed) The replacement pickguard will be almost perfect, as long as you get and 11 hole replacement. I think 1 or 2 of the holes don't line up, but that is not too much of a problem. I have heard from some that the neck route is a little tight for HB's and you may need to dremel some room out. If you didn't want to go through the hassle, see if they are going to sell the Bolt Plus kits. They are rear routed 2 HB versions of the bolt. You can see the bolt plus model they are based on at the Carvin page. The only options I added to mine were the hotter pickups and jumbo frets. Great guitar, but I still like my Parker Fly Deluxe more. Can't beat that neck and those frets.

Comment

Working...
    X