Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich KKV

http://www.bcrich.com/guitars/ss/sig...ig_special.htm

Have any of you tried this axe? price seems awfuly low for a Kerry King Sig guitar, must be pretty ****ty?

Re: BC Rich KKV

It's a low end import model. The real deal sig model lists for around $4k and has EMGs and a Kahler. Neck thru, USA built, etc. I saw these imports at NAMM but didn't play them. They also recently made a Mick7 import model that sells for really cheap. USA BC Rich's are incredible. The imports...from what I hear the NJ series are good but everything else is debatable.

Comment

Re: BC Rich KKV

I played one. I first watched Kerry King play it at an autograph session for BC Rich and they brought in like 10 of them. Five of them sold right then and there. I went over to the five that were left and they were flawless and had a pretty nice grphic. I figure they must have brought in some hand picked ones for the demo. I played one and hung it from a strap. It balanced pretty good and had a decent feel. Sound wise it was close enough to Kerry's sound. About as close to an EMG 81 sound you are going to get for $299. If you are into Slayer and want the look and vibe I'd guess this axe is for you. It's not bad for $299, but wait until Musicians Friend has em at $199 clearance or something. Then they would be worth it. My only thing is that they were light as hell and felt substandard as most Bronze series stuff usually does. Bottom line, not a bad axe. It would make a good beater axe.

Comment

Working...
      X