Hey, check out my new Dean!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, check out my new Dean!!

This was built for the NAMM '98 show and I just got it from the original owner. Sounds great with the Duncans that came in it. Has some weird features, such as no holes for strap buttons, and no serial number. Apparently it's a Ben Chafin guitar possibly from the "Tropical" era. It's also the only one there is. This is my first USA Dean since I began using them again. I played these before I played Charvels/Jacksons. (I use both now) What do you guys think?
    Dana <~~~

[ April 07, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: guitarforceone ]
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Re: Hey, check out my new Dean!!

Congrats, Dana. Very nice!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So you have to play it sitting down?

R
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dude! That Yellow looks FANTASTIC! I know what color my next custom shop is gonna be now!!!!! VERY nice indeed!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yeah, you have to play it sitting down, but I don't mind because I have 3 other ML's besides this one. The guy said this was a 2nd because of the missing serial number and strap button holes. There is also some cracking in the clear on the back of the neck that he said was there when he bought it new. (can't see it in the pics) Anyway, I got it for a decent price, and the yellow color is very rare for Dean. None of the other guys on the Dean Forum picked it up even though there was interest, so I worked something out with the owner.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            So you have to play it sitting down?

R
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah....where are the strap buttons...? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Otherwise awesome axe!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
              Thanks guys!

Yeah, you have to play it sitting down, but I don't mind because I have 3 other ML's besides this one. The guy said this was a 2nd because of the missing serial number and strap button holes. There is also some cracking in the clear on the
              back of the neck ...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So I realize it's a NAMM guitar, but if it's a 2nd, how would it devalue it to put strap buttons on it? Or maybe should ask how MUCH it'd devalue it? I never thought of 2nds as having any collector's value.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It might not have any collectors value, I'm not sure. I just don't use it so I thought I'd leave it without strap buttons. I think it looks kind of cool that way. The rare times that I do play it, I don't mind sitting down. To me the guitar is just a unique axe and I wanted to leave it as it was. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Dana <~~~
                '85 Rhoads Custom
                '86 SD Str*t
                '86 Model 4 (5)
                '87 Model 1
                '87 Model 6
                '88 Model 3DR
                '90 650 XL
                '94 KE-3
                '97 DR Amberburst
                '97 Dinky BOFlames
                '05 SD Copperhead