Well I finally got a Rhoads!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well I finally got a Rhoads!!

Whoah, that's a pretty weird bridge there. I'm sure you could route out for a real Floyd and get much better tuning stability.
    A set of Sperzel or Schaller locking tuners will help too if you don't route out for a locking nut. Carvin's guitars with Floyds have it that way, and most people on their board say they stay in tune very well without a locking nut, but they do have like a $20 option to have one routed. Or one of those Kahler-type behind the nut locks on Charvel Model guitars would work.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If I post a scan of the back on my tremolo routing would you(or someone else)be able to tell me if there will be anymore routing needed done?

Is a locking nut really that hard as people say it is to install yourself? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] All it looks like is drilling two holes for the bolts and removing a bit of the fretboard where the old nut was no?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw:
        If I post a scan of the back on my tremolo routing would you(or someone else)be able to tell me if there will be anymore routing needed done?

Is a locking nut really that hard as people say it is to install yourself? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] All it looks like is drilling two holes for the bolts and removing a bit of the fretboard where the old nut was no?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, the ones that mount thru the back of the neck are a bit more than drilling 2 holes. You also have to route out larger holes so the bolt heads will be recessed into the neck. I'd look for a top-mount Floyd nut, or behind-the-nut lock, as I think the holes drilled thru the neck right at the headstock weaken the neck. You see a lot of necks on Ebay
        with stress fractures right there. On a set-neck guitar that't be it if you ruin the neck by mis-drilling.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Its a good thing I asked [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Would you guys be able to find me a picture of a top-mounting Floyd nut and a behind-the-nut lock,just so I know what I'm looking for.Oh is there any place online that sells both those in black? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Stew-mac probably
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This is the only one I could find on Stew Mac,this is the one I should avoid no? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.stew-mac.com/
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know the link already bro but thanks anyways [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

BTW I'm in the chat if anyone wants to join and talk RR with me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X