Since we are showing off our projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we are showing off our projects

Here are two I have been slowly working on. The first is my '84 Rhoads V from Yogadork. I am currently clearing and wetsanding out all the imperfections. Its almost ready for final white primer. This guitar was factory Ice Blue metallic with black bevels, which is what it will be again.

Here is the '89 Dinky 24 fret that had the Dragon finish removed by some jackass with a wire wheel. The wood was greatly effected. After some steaming and some filling, its almost completely level. The weird lighter colors on the face are the repaired areas. This guitar will be black.

[ March 06, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Re: Since we are showing off our projects

nice V can u convert it thru a string thru body. the boomerang tailpiece looks so great on RRs

Comment

Re: Since we are showing off our projects

I could convert it at this point. I choose not to. I am making it as if it just left the factory with all the specs matching the work order. Filling that route would be tricky as well. It would require veneering the top so the patch doesn't show as the lacquer shrinks in time. To add to the difficulty, this neck is made from three pieces of maple so in time those three pieces will become apparent as the lacquer shrinks. If I veneer the top the pieces will be seen on the back and sides, but not the top, which will cause suspicion.

If I were an artist I would restore the dragon graphic on the Dinky. I'm not, so it will just be black. Its not worth sending to GMW.

Comment

Working...
      X