Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

rectifiers rule. mud is not a problem on mine.All I had to do was sit down and mess with the knobs a little and I got a sound i REALLY like.

Comment

Read Fast Food Nation and you'll never eat that garbage again. By the way, the JPM is excellent. It has the most comfortable neck and heel. Buy from DCGL. They have the best prices I've found.

Comment

Dude.. they are most DEFINATLEY worth the price!!! AMAZING GUITARS!! The trem is awesome too. It stays in tune just as well as a floyd rose. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Toe Jam, you are right. I have a tiny crack in my neck pocket as well. Otherwise the guitar is amazing in both sound and quality. Having small hands, it works well for me. Not as well as the three stunning EBMM Luke Models I have with Floyd's and the tiniest V shaped neck. Hell, even I can wrangle one of those necks.

Regarding the Dual Recto's. If you find them muddy you are insane !!! Maybe the one you played has been abused by 60 or so pre-pubescent punks who dimed everything before you tried it.
          IMHO it probably needed new preamp tubes. My 3 Channel has lightning attack and is not muddy or buzzy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Channel 3's modern was so sharp I changed the taper of the presence pot to tame it down. Now I can get a sweet compressed sound in Raw and Vintage and a flamethrowing rip your Ba$$s [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] off grind.

Now for you guys, that would hurt !!!!

Comment

I tried like 5 [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Not everything is for everybody! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by riotwatch:
                Toe Jam, you are right. I have a tiny crack in my neck pocket as well. Otherwise the guitar is amazing in both sound and quality. Having small hands, it works well for me. Not as well as the three stunning EBMM Luke Models I have with Floyd's and the tiniest V shaped neck. Hell, even I can wrangle one of those necks.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, I can't believe how many of them there are out there like that. My hands are a little on the small side, too, and I actually thought of buying one of those models, but I keep reading about those neck pockets. Though, EBMM makes some great guitars and I hear they're great about returning them and fixing them for any kind of problem. I played an Axis once and thought it was great. I'll probably get a Steve Morse model, Luke or perhaps the Petrucci eventually.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam,

Thanks for reminding me about the crack... I called tonight and some dude is going to call me tomorrow about what they are going to do about it!!! Also, I pulled out my Lukes tonight and god they are sweeeeeeetttttt... I so love them. The only thing is... I hit the neck into the wall and nicked it... GOD I HATE WHEN I DO THAT> It makes me so sick when I do something stupid like that. I was cursing like a sailor!!!!! And of course it wasn't the one that I don't consider mint... it was the very MINT ONE... not anymore!!!! Damn Damn DAMN! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                  Okay, I feel better now!!!!!

Comment

OK i played an EBMM petrucci & a few other models the steve morse is way cool & was my favorite...the TOM bridge helped that choice tho. the necks feel almost exactly like my Wayne Rock legend. as a whole the EBMMs were much lighter tho, nice guitars but $$$$. silly & not worth the price unless you find one used IMO. plus whats up with those trems?

Comment

Cool, glad they're going to take care of the crack for you! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

As for smacking your other guitars around... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] You need to be more careful! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Word, I took a trip up to Guitar Center today, and i got to play on the John Petrucci Model. It is a VERY nice guitar. It had a fast neck, and was real light. But sitting next to it was a Black SL2H Soloist, and it SMOKED the JP model, IMO. You should look into that. Have you tryed one?

Comment

Blashpemy, I know.. but I think the JP smokes the SL2H neck wise. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright. Thats cool, just wondering! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Alright. Thats cool, just wondering! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oops! Sorry for the double post.

Comment

Working...
                                X