• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Rich Platinum Series

I must say I kinda agree.I have NJ Bich
    (recent make) and the tremelo is pretty
    much a pain in the ass.Every time you bend a note the bridge sags about 1/4
    tone and stays there until you bang down
    on it to get it back to pitch.And the little E is too close to the edge of the
    neck and slips off the side if you play
    fast.I had to finish rounding the frets 'cause the factory left 'em flat on top,
    and the pickups are too muddy sounding.
    Plus the bar is loose an wouldn't even stay screwed down to a quasi-tight position until I finally had to file a flat place on the cap part in the right spot where I could slide a little piece
    of plastic in the space between it and the side of the saddle to keep it from rotating with the damn bar.And I still
    don't get why they gave it such a fat
    un-fast neck like it has(like a log).
    So besides it's looks,I like less about it than I do like.Anybody else know what I mean?

Comment

as a huge BCRich fan & a person whos owned many, platinums are crap.

if you want a BCRich go with older NJ's. the older NJ neckthrus were built pretty much the same as USAs. the BCRico's pre NJ imports are also really nice. sure they dont come with OFRs, most had dot inlay rarely diamonds, but quality wise they are far superior to any newer imports

Comment

Bronze and platinum series are crap indeed.
        and after trying a couple 2002 NJs.. I have to say that those are not that good either imo.. everything was crooked on the guitars I tried and the sounded awefull..balance was terrible. the only thing that was good was the finish. the black chrome looks even worse than regular chrome..

note: just my opinion

Comment

HEY im posting it here since you guys are the ones here that seem to like BCRichs
          theres a USA Mockingbird single hum BIN $550 if u dont mind Kahlers (I do) its a great deal. its pre classaxe & is the last of the R logod guitars, before the script logo was used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33035

Comment

Originally posted by jamie:
            HEY im posting it here since you guys are the ones here that seem to like BCRichs
            theres a USA Mockingbird single hum BIN $550 if u dont mind Kahlers (I do) its a great deal. its pre classaxe & is the last of the R logod guitars, before the script logo was used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33035
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DAMMIT!!! And I had to go buy your ST-3!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's one sweet axe - I'd love to own that 'Bird... Looks like another one slips away...schite...

Comment

Oooh!
              Me likey! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              if only I lived in the US....

Comment

Chris hey you did get a killer of a player, NAMM SHOW, CUSTOM COLOR, matching head double logo ST-3. sell the orange one....lol, thats just a run of the mill ST-3. but they are brothers. I really had no idea it was a NAMM guitar, i wish i did.

& import BCRichs were around prior to 84 BCRico & any of the old BCRichs that have more than just the R on the headstock were imports

Comment

Originally posted by jamie:
                  Chris hey you did get a killer of a player, NAMM SHOW, CUSTOM COLOR, matching head double logo ST-3. sell the orange one....lol, thats just a run of the mill ST-3. but they are brothers. I really had no idea it was a NAMM guitar, i wish i did.

& import BCRichs were around prior to 84 BCRico & any of the old BCRichs that have more than just the R on the headstock were imports
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OH!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Run of the mill!?! Ouch - that hurts! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nah - the orange one is pretty killer too - I've never seen one with a maple/maple neck, and now that the finish has been stripped, it's a REAL player! Gotta get a new locking nut for it but... I don't think I'll be selling any Rich's - the good ones are too hard to come by! Besides that, if I don't keep them, how will I ever get that running hallway full of bright guitars like CC DeVille in the "Talk Dirty to Me" video? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If only I could add that Mockingbird to it... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I was surprised about the NAMM markings in the pickup cavity though - kinda cool. The only finish I've seen like that are the purple/pink ones on some of the old NJ series. This one is pretty wicked! Sounds alot better with that Custom in it. I may move that over to one of my other Gunslingers though and put a Tone Zone in it once I finish this deal with Doug. We'll have to see what happens.

[ March 13, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

Working...
                  X