Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez Neck-thru

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
    Yeah, I thought the first true neckthrough guitar was Les Paul's "The Log" thing. Then he attached some wings to make it look more like a guitar. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, Les Paul's "Log" guitar was a bolt-on - specifically, he used L-brackets and big bolts to bolt an Epiphone neck to the old railway tie he made the body out of... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Wasn't that old Bigsby Merl Travis guitar a neck through? 'cause if it was, it could well have been the first neck-through... Gibson may have been the first company to mass-produce neck-through guitars with the Firebird, though...

Comment

Those look pretty nice, but I would have to play one ofcourse. it looks like the necks aren`t the really thin Wizard necks, are they thicker than the normal wizard neck? Jack.

Comment

I've only played Ibanez bolt-ons and a couple of set necks, but I'd love the chance to play one of their neck-thru's. The price for that model is decent at around $600, but I wish they had the "shark tooth" inlays instead of the dots.

Comment

I think it looks cool and shouldn't it create a better tonal bridge between the pickups and the wood?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Troy -

Since the pickups are picking up the vibration of the metal string moving through the magnetic field of the pickup, I don't think that coupling the pickup to the body will have any affect on the sound. I've heard people argue that it does, but I've yet to hear a reason that makes any sense.

Matt
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by Anders:
            I think it's nice to see some neck-through RG's!
            But I'm sure they will be waaaaay overpriced here in Sweden, like everything else! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

But the neck-through Baretta's were actually quite cheap 2-3 years ago if I remember correctly.
            Now you gotta buy a used one if you want one. I haven't seen them for sale in any shop for a while!

Anders
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, you do realize that if you want a neck-through Baretta you can get it at www.MusicYo.com
            They don't sell in stores, only from MusicYo and they ship worldwide.

Comment

2Loud2Old: Hehe, yeah... I've spent some time drooling at MusicYo.com and maybe some day I'll get me one of those geetarz... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

But when I made that post I didn't know about MusicYo.com.. or maybe I just thought it would be too much trouble ordering one from the US, don't remember... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I really need to earn more money than I do on the job I have now... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I bought a DXMG quite recently.. and I think my next guitar will be a Roswell Rhoads.. or maybe an old ESP the Mirage Custom, they're really nice!

Anders
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
              X