Hamer Neck Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamer Neck Problem

Shimming the nut did the trick. I think I need to lossen the truss rod a little also. The truss rod doesn't use an allen wrench.I get a little buzzing now on aound the 3 and 4th frets.
    OlkaStrat, It needed the nut shimmed, The high e would not even vibrate the others would.It was like it was laying down on the fret board. Thanks for the help, I would have never thought of shimming the nut. Oh yea, When I had the nut off I was able to look in the holes and the crack does not go into the wood. It is a finish crack.

Comment

well, it could also have been a worn out 'e' saddle too, making it drop too low.

If you did shim the nut, I hope you used a tapered shim (looks like a ramp sorta) instead of the entire nut getting a shim (which makes the action too high on the low E side) or just shimming under the high E, which won't allow the nut full contact and you will lose resonance and tone.

Pete

Comment

I just shimmed the one side with a piece of a very thin pick. I wonder if replacing the locking nut might fix the problem also. I don't have any thing that thin and tapered.

Comment

Working...
        X