Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Lawsuit Tele head Schecter! Ah(i just got it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre Lawsuit Tele head Schecter! Ah(i just got it!)

Hi Eric, looking around the web has lead me to believe that it is an 81, as well as the S/N A1xx

Comment

Yeah, I cannot find anything on schecter serial numbers that makes any sense!!! Hahhahaha...

I had a buddy that I got a new Schecter for back in 1984 and it had an A19XX serial number. Killer looking guitar! I usually "rough date" them by the tuners. Kluson style early 80's, die cast tuners mid 80's or later. Problem is, they used the Kluson style tuners in the mid 80's too.

I think you can date that guitar by the pots, if they have not been changed.

Should read 137XXXX.

137 then next two digits are the year, the next two are the month.

I'm going to guess '84 or '85. Let me know how wrong I am! Hahhahahahaha.

-eric

[ December 27, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: abalonevintage ]

Comment

He Eric, I'm gonna pop off the pots today, the only problem is they are "Push/Pull" Pots that are SQUARE? I dont think they were made by any of the real common CTS, SWITCHCRAFT, etc.

Will le ya know though.

Comment

while we're on the topic,

there's an old strathead schecter at a gc near me....it's in pretty good shape too. if anyone needs info, email me.

[email protected]

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Then they are either "Allen and Bradley" or "Bourns"....

Comment

Eric, I believe those pots were original to the schecter pickups of the day. What year did those pickups come out in? It was more like 84 no?

Comment

Schecter used square pots "usually" in one position on the wiring harness. The others were usually round. Since that Tele has two hums, they would be coil taps for each PU.

-eric

Comment

You are correct! They are push/pull splitters.

Comment

I remember when the pickups came out and you could buy them aftermarket with a harness. Remember the 4 control harness had push pull series parallel as well as phase functions. I actually bought a set and had it on a few guitars. Never really grabbed me the way their guitars did but I'm probably an old Duncan Dimarzio fogey lol. 79 I'm just getting settled in after being out of town for the holidays. I'll try and take some pics of the Mighty Mite tonight. O.K.

Comment

Jamie, I just read your post about Fender bridges and had a good laugh. That tinny sound is the classic tele sound. I hate it myself but thats what those bridge do for sure.

Comment

Yeah that system was called the "Z+" pickup assembly. They got pulled off the market because the epoxy resin they used to seal the pickups killed the windings on the coils. OOOOOPS! I think they were designed by Bill Lawrence.

-eric

Comment

Hey Eric, off the subject here, but did you sell the Phil Keagey Guitar?

Comment

No, she's still on eBay.....

Comment

Working...
                            X