For all of you BC Rich & Megadeth fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For all of you BC Rich & Megadeth fans

Those Inlays on the Iron Bird actually look like the Upside Down Pyramids rather than Diamonds, which would make it an import I believe.

[ December 16, 2002, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Troy from VENTT ]

Comment

Jamie,

Those are unmistakenly imports. Troy pointed out that the inverted pyramid inlays are import only...that's true. They did those mostly on the NJ series, but were a run of Platinums that had them too. Those big harpoon headstocks are more commonly associated with with the Platinum series, rather than with any US custom. And Chris Poland is most definitely sportin' an NJ series ST in that pic. He didn't even play an ST in Megadeth...he used a Warlock most of the time. As Mustiane was with his Bich (and Jr. with a Mockingbird bass).

If you notice, the Ironbird Mustaine is holding, has one of those crappy import Kahler trems on it...the one that looks almost like a vintage trem.

[ December 16, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: WarriorX7 ]

Comment

i was unaware, i didnt & still dont pay much attention to imports BCRich or otherbrands. imports came with pyramid inlay?
        honestly i think they are both USA made. & yes that ST is rare but megadeth was a BCRich endorsee they ALL got CUSTOM made guitars, chris poland actually had a FEW GRAPHIC neckthru warlocks. back then BCRich would have built u anything U wanted if U had the $ & if u were an endorsee it was FREE.

Comment

Jamie, Ken used to work for B.C. Rich. I would believe him.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i dont doubt ken at all like i said i dont know anything about import richs & really dont know much about richs made after 87 or so.

Comment

WX7 for real those look like USAs to me?
              diamond inlays & Kahler on a Platinum, they did those BIG STUPID headstocks on USAs & the STs didnt always say made in USA, i had 2 of them that didnt & they were both serial LOW serials 17xx & 23XX

Comment

I think this is where J/C has BC Rich beat! Obviously they are both capable of making awesome guitars,(the two best IMO),but ALL of the J/C guitars, including the "extreme" styles,have an certain elegance that many of the BCs lack. In fact some of BC's designs and ideas make me wonder what kind of crack some of those guys are smoking... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Just an opinion! (I've gotta Gunslinger that rocks!)

[ December 17, 2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Snoogans ]

Comment

That was from a poster/interview with Dave and Danny Spitz for Guitar For the Practicing Musician.

I wonder what Chris Poland is doing now... Nice time for a hook-up with Dave, maybe? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Then if we could only get them back on The Horse, too... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

After getting the boot from DM, Chris did a solo album and then formed melodic metal band Damn The Machine, releasing one album in 1993. He is now in the jazz-rock trio Ohm.

Chris Poland website

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cool. I have the Damn the Machine cd... great stuff! I've also been thinking of picking up his Return to Metalopolis cd but just never got around to it. I haven't heard any of it yet, but I hear it's good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ December 19, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X