www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Re: The NEW Carvin Bolt-on!

Carvin necks are way too flat(for me)--

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
        Remember though before you buy one of these beuties, that the neck profile is more like a Jackson Dinky(thin and flat) than a Jackson Soloist(C-Shaped and medium).
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jack, the older Carvins have thinner necks like Dinkies. For quite a few years now they have been making their necks a little thicker and rounder. Still a little thin, but not Dinky thin. I think the necks on my two Carvins are perfect (actually the same shape as my '87 Charvel Model 6.)
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Got the new Carvin catalog today. I think that guitar is $779 without trem.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Thanks Toejam!! I read on the Carvin board that a little thicker, more rounded neck option is in the works!! I will order a Carvin at that time [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I am either going for the Bolt + or a DC125(1 Hum) only option and neck-thru, but the DC125 doesn`t have the direct mount pickups, but neck-thru [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Why do Carvins have such ugly headstocks? Yuck!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Those headstocks IMO look better reversed.

I wish they would make the Jackson-style headstock an option like the headstocks back in the early 90s [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't the Bolts have a lot thinner necks than Carvin's neck-thru guitars? The ones I've played seem to, at least.

I like the look of that new Bolt. Now if it only had 24 frets...

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                    Those headstocks IMO look better reversed.

I wish they would make the Jackson-style headstock an option like the headstocks back in the early 90s [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Absolutely! The current headstock is dumb-looking, but not to bad reversed; the Jackson pointy-styled ones were cool though!

Pro-Fusion, I also would love to see the new Bolt with a 24-fret neck as an option!

The Floyd nut is optional with Carvin, but is only $16.50, so not bad. I agree
                    that with a Floyd it should be standard,
                    but then those who didn't want it would be miffed to pay extra NOT to have it.
                    Can't please everybody either way....
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I LIKE the headstock. Certainly tuning stability is easier with the strings going straight over the nut than the Jackson style. Given their standard choice of Wilkinson & Sperzels, that's a good decision.

Comment

I don't see where that's a "new" headstock shape. Looks like the same one they've been using since '93.

I also don't understand why it took them so long to do a rear-rout Bolt.
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

how do Wilkinson trems compare to OFR trems?

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

For light trem work, they're as good as non-locking types get. But they aren't made for Vai-style abuse - a good double locking system is needed for that.

Comment

There is only a slight difference in the headstocks, the New one so called has a little rounder tip end, another move in the wrong direction in my opinion, I like the early nineties Carvin headstocks, not to pointy like the late 80`s, but not goofy like the newer ones. Jack.

Comment

Yeah, the newer headstocks seem to be angled a tiny bit more, not as straight. I think they look better reversed and are at a better angle to reach the machine heads. My 2002 SC90 has the reverse. My 2001 D400 has the regular, and I just don't like it as much.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X