GMW guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMW guitars

Lee said the standard Ratt Crossed Swords would take about 3-4 months.

I will probably get the Crossed Swords, but add a stacked single in the neck and tone pot, 3-way. I assume by doing that, its gonna add a couple months to the build time. Waiting to hear back from Lee now.

Comment

The one I'm waiting on is basically a strat with contoured heel and hum/single, kill switch and 3 way. Vintage White with White pickguard and it's been close to 5 months. I'm not complaining, but that's the longest it's ever taken. If Dan Lawrence paints (graphics) the wait is longer. My 1st had extensive camo graphics and multiple colors and it took 3 1/2 months. That was in '99. I think they've got enough work to last well into next year.

Comment

I was just wondering how does warmoth compare to the gmw stuff?Is one better than the other or are they both about the same quality?

Comment

Warmoth is nice stuff too, but for the exact same woods, parts, etc. - in other words a complete guitar you will spend less using GMW and have it set up to perfection - no doubt about it. Even if GMW cost me more I'd use them over Warmoth.

Comment

Man, the more posts I see about GMW the more I'm starting to realize how lucky I must've gotten! hahahah My paint was done by Dan, etc. and it was STILL done in 6 weeks!

Comment

Troy, you're definitely lucky. I've been waiting since around April for a neck finish and replacement. Not a run-of-the-mill job and I'm in no rush, so I understand the wait, though. Should be done soon.

Comment

You guys are very lucky, it took 9, almost 10 months to get my guitar from GMW! I'm not complaining though, I love it to death. Lee said the striped Dweezil graphic was a ***** for Dan to duplicate, so it took quite a while to make sure he got it right.

Comment

COOL BEANS...lee told me 4 weeks for my bodies....
                  im still deciding whether to send my necks & bridges to have them assembled by GMW or just do it/have it done local. cant wait my strathead neck will finally have a home.
                  & do they make stars

Comment

Jamie, was that a question? If so, OF COURSE they make Stars!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've been talking to Lee about it as I think I'm going that route for my next purchase!

Comment

VERY COOL i didnt see any on the web site. im going to wait till i get the neck. then ill have a star made for it. its been so hard trying to find correct old charvel/jackson bodies even ones beat to crap. ive been lucky finding NECKS now i need something to put them on.
                      SOON THO very soon i should have those wonderful strathead necks on something. i was even thinking about making a replica of my first charvel. tobacco burst, white pickguard single hum except it wont have a Kahler. vintage looking HOTROD strat. thats whats been taking me so long to actually do it SO MANY OPTIONS, plus i dont want to waste a SWEET neck on a guitar i dont really like.

Comment

I want a Star so bad... Now don't quote me on this, but at one point Lee even told me there wouldn't be an upcharge to go with a Star body over a Str@t one so you should be able to get a good deall through them as well.

Comment

On Christmas Eve, after 11 months of waiting, I received my Custom copy of a USA BC Rich ASM 1 guitar from GMW. All I can tell you is that this is the best guitar I've ever played. I currently own Jackson PC1 and thought it was my #1 axe, until I received my custom guitar from GMW. If you are willing to wait for them to build you a guitar (real custom work will have you wait between 12 and 18 months) then I highly recommend it. I'll post pics soon.

Comment

SWEET!!! MUST SEE PICS NOW!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X