they're in stock!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: they\'re in stock!!!

Comparing Gibson to Jackson is like comparing a train to a whale.......

Comment

What's sad is that Epiphone was once a respectable company in their own right, as opposed to just being Gibson's "me, too" cheapo line. I have an Epiphone Genesis from the early 70's and it's pretty nice. Mahogany body AND neck [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] , two hums, coil tap, etc...

[ December 02, 2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: PowerTube ]
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The Genesis were cool guitars back then, and seemed normal in an era when Gibson were making the S series and other trash. Epiphone's real glory days however were in the 50's and 60's. In the 70's they were starting to go down hill, and hit rock bottom in the 80's. Their 90s models are good for a beginner guitar though. If you want a guitar that looks like a Les Paul to mess around with, they are good for that, but thats where the similarities end. They look like Les Pauls, and thats about it.........

Comment

I am seriously tempted to sell my Les Paul and get anther USA Jacskon. $1400 is alot of money to have sitting in a case that hardley ever gets used.

Matt

Comment

i'm not going to get in on the epiphone/gibson debate (although i did just pick up a cheap epi les paul goldtop that plays VERY nice), but i've gotta say that the hamer import stuff seems to be VERY inconsistent. i played a californian (a second) at a music store, and was quite impressed. then hamer had a nationwide clearance on them, so i picked one up for $300. wasn't worth $100 in my opinion! looked like a blindfolded-physically challanged monkey did the fret job! a few weren't fully seated, a few had flat spots on them, and a few had a bunch of mill marks that didn't get smoothed out. the binding on the neck was very poorly done also. i was in a different music store that had a couple californians, and one played really nice, and the other had the same mill marks as mine, but on about half the frets! totally unplayable! i know, just getting a fret job would take care of it, but that's the most piss poor quality control i've ever seen. my epiphone? well, mmmm...i honestly can't find ANYTHING wrong with it! i just wanted a cheap, non-tremolo guitar to detune on a few songs. i could afford a gibson if i wanted, but i want to. anyway, i think there are good and bad examples from every company, but hamer seems to be worse than other that i've seen....

Comment

I've heard varying reports on the Hamer Imports. Just remember that Hamer USA has NOTHING to do with the Imports. Hell, they can't even answer questions about them. Basically, two seperate divisions under the Kaman corporate umbrella.

For $400, I can score a used Hamer USA that will slay ANY Epiphone. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I know its off topic... but... I think USA Jackson's are 10x better than a Gibson. I wouldnt own a Gibson.

Comment

"I think USA Jackson's are 10x better than a Gibson. I wouldnt own a Gibson."

I've heard some dumb assed comments on this forum before, but I think this one is about the most dumb assed ever..........Like I've said before, comparing a Gibson to a Jackson is like comparing a train to a whale. Two different things. Just because they both have strings, doesnt mean they are the same......I know one day I'll be reading a comment that will top it, but I'm hoping the JCF shoot out between Martin, Gibson, Ferrari, and the Jackson Soloist never gets posted while I'm around..........Hmm, actually, its a better comparison, anyone whose ever driven a Ferrari will know that it rules them all!..........

Comment

Bah!
                    Ferrari's are too hard to 'set-up' - gotta take 'em to a tech for even minor adjustments.
                    Hehe...

I'd sell it and get a Viper (and 50 CS Jacksons)......
                    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I think USA Jacksons are 10x better than a Gibson, I wouldn't own a Gibson
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While having your own opinion is your right, I have to disagree with you about this. They are so different but c'mon....never own a Gibson??Maybe thats because you never owned a Gibson.
                      I have 3 USA Jacksons that I think are great but I also have 4 USA Gibsons that are also great. Did you ever play a LP Custom??? 76 Explorer??? Flying V???. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Next time yer in Jersey, drop a line...I'll let you check mine out. Your tune will change.
                      I agree, there's nothing like a USA Jackson, but don't knock the Gibsons till ya get to play a nice one. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yes Nor, I agree. It costs an arm and a leg to own a Ferrari, but the Viper is fairly cheap. $40,000 to rebuild a Ferrari V8?!?!?! Thats the time that you rip it out and replace the engine with a Chevy 350...........

Comment

Working...
                        X