Thomman/Harley Benton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomman/Harley Benton

For shits & giggles, I ordered a Harley Benton. Was thinking of doing a full scallop and fitting an NFT Floyd for fun.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_b..._fr_mn_fbb.htm

A week later and the order is still sitting there...""All your items are available and will be processed soon"?????

Has anyone ever ordered something from Thomman? Does it take this long?

I'll give them two more days and if I still haven't been given a tracking number, I'll cancel.

BTW, I haven't been charged yet either.
    Last edited by shramiac; 03-17-2019, 06:41 PM.
    www.vvforums.com

Odd, since it claims to be in stock

In general, Thomann may take a day or so to prepare shipping, but they usually are pretty quick in turnaround.
    Why don't you shoot them an email, asking what's the holdup?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Weird, I actually just ordered this today https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_...12_vintage.htm and I immediately got a confirmation email and funds pulled from my account. You might want to contact them and see if something got lost in the transaction. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine now.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Typical! As soon as I talk about it, the order gets finalised! lol

Got my tracking number tonight. Will find out how good or bad it is in 7-10 days.
        www.vvforums.com

Comment

I am surprised they can put a 1000 series floyd on that cheap guitars. Also i have heard some guys praise those guitars but who knows. Please make some kind of a review when you get it.

Comment

how good could the wood be or the workmanship when the cost of all the parts, even at dealer prices, adds up to more than the retail price of the guitar?
            Its a F-ing unicorn dude

Comment

There are a lot of youtube videos on those guitars, a lot of them are obviously sponsored, but a few I've seen have been pretty honest about the pros and cons and if you're looking for a solid platform apparently they are good for it. dunno, may have to pick up one when I'm not buying all the Edwards and LTD Elites lol

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                There are a lot of youtube videos on those guitars, a lot of them are obviously sponsored, but a few I've seen have been pretty honest about the pros and cons and if you're looking for a solid platform apparently they are good for it. dunno, may have to pick up one when I'm not buying all the Edwards and LTD Elites lol
                True!

I bought a mint Edwards 27 fret, bolt-on s/strat, purple flame maple top, ebony board. Lovely to play. Ironically, I got it for about the same price I'm paying for this HB guitar.

The HB costing about $US450, so not expensive. it'll be fun to tinker with.
                www.vvforums.com

Comment

Both of those items look enticing. Please fellas give us a report when you get them!! Thank you.

Comment

Did you get your tracking number yet? I got mine this afternoon. nothing has been mailed but according to the email it has left the warehouse

Comment

Yeah that's the status of mine too. No doubt you'll get your's first, seeing you're in Ca and I'm in Aus.
                      www.vvforums.com

Comment

The HB 2x12 Vintage cabs are backordered now. Looks like 4-6 weeks. I still may get one if they sound good. I need something with brighter speakers than my Celestion G12T-75 speakers. Too dark with certain amps.

Comment

She arrived safe and sound. Guitar box inside another box filled with the inflated bag packing. Tracking data was non existent I'll admit. The last detail from DHL was that it had arrived in Australia and they provided a link to Australia Post (who were doing the delivery) but those details were never updated! It just arrived on Tuesday morning. I'll blame DHL/Aus Post for that rather than Thomman though.

Apart from one scuff on the top horn (and a dull patch on the control cover) she's quite pretty. The maple veneer is very nice, clear coat is perfect, nice grain in back the neck, excellent satin feel to the neck, arrived in tune (which I don't like for air travel though the lock nuts were loose), intonation is perfect and good action... for the most part. I'll take it to my luthier on the weekend for a tweak but it should be all good. Pretty hot and humid in Cairns compared to Germany! lol

She is heavy being a mahogany body too! The neck profile is very "Stratish" (with a 12" radius), which is a bit thick for my tastes but definitely not uncomfortable. I don't have huge hands so I have almost no chance to thumb fret....not that I do anyway.

If the holes are the same, I'll try to swap the volume knob and the coil tap toggle. Why do companies put it that close? UGH!

So here she is!

Grover tuners!

And the finish scuff!

Last edited by shramiac; 03-27-2019, 01:50 AM.
                          www.vvforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by shramiac View Post
                            She arrived safe and sound. Guitar box inside another box filled with the inflated bag packing. Tracking data was non existent I'll admit. The last detail from DHL was that it had arrived in Australia and they provided a link to Australia Post (who were doing the delivery) but those details were never updated! It just arrived on Tuesday morning. I'll blame DHL/Aus Post for that rather than Thomman though.

Apart from one scuff on the top horn (and a dull patch on the control cover) she's quite pretty. The maple veneer is very nice, clear coat is perfect, nice grain in back the neck, excellent satin feel to the neck, arrived in tune (which I don't like for air travel though the lock nuts were loose), intonation is perfect and good action... for the most part. I'll take it to my luthier on the weekend for a tweak but it should be all good. Pretty hot and humid in Cairns compared to Germany! lol

She is heavy being a mahogany body too! The neck profile is very "Stratish" (with a 12" radius), which is a bit thick for my tastes but definitely not uncomfortable. I don't have huge hands so I have almost no chance to thumb fret....not that I do anyway.

If the holes are the same, I'll try to swap the volume knob and the coil tap toggle. Why do companies put it that close? UGH!
                            Looks great!

Comment

Did your cabinet arrive?
                              www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                              X