NGD: 1988 Carvin DC125C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 1988 Carvin DC125C

Picked up a 1988 Carvin DC125C and it`s pretty cool. Suposidly was owned and signed by Vicki Peterson of the Bangles. Plays really smooth, just need to lower the action a little. Weird, the pickup selector is a 3 way on this guitar. I didn't think they offered that in 1 switch back then. Seems like Hum/Split and Out of Phase. It works!!

Cool, love those neck through Carvins.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Nice one, Jack! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Fellas!!

Comment

Cool guitar, congrats. Think she's playing that in one or more of their music videos from back in the day?

Comment

If it has some Susanna Hoffs mojo on it I’m a buyer.

Comment

I believe you are right Shreddermon!! Ya, Vass, Suzanna was smoking' hot back then bro!!

Comment

Pretty sure I remember seeing her in a Carvin ad with that guitar way back when...nice score!

Comment

Great score.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that's the headstock that got them a "Cease and Desist" letter from Charvel/Jackson, but I'm not sure.

I have three neck-through Carvins and they're the bomb.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                    Great score.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that's the headstock that got them a "Cease and Desist" letter from Charvel/Jackson, but I'm not sure.

I have three neck-through Carvins and they're the bomb.
                    Yep, that`s the headstock. 1988-1989 only. I actually like the 1990-1991 just as much. That is the one on my Carvin Jason Becker one I bought last year. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                      I believe you are right Shreddermon!! Ya, Vass, Suzanna was smoking' hot back then bro!!

If you went long on her back in the day you’d still be reaping nice dividends. She’s kept it together well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_x4E4hpuY

oh and sorry for the repeated thread jack. It’s rude. But... Susanna Hoffs. Fuck.
                      Last edited by Vass; 08-18-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        If you went long on her back in the day you’d still be reaping nice dividends. She’s kept it together well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_x4E4hpuY

oh and sorry for the repeated thread jack. It’s rude. But... Susanna Hoffs. Fuck.
                        First off to the OP, that is a hella cool score!

Second, Susanna Hoffs OH HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01 View Post
                          Pretty sure I remember seeing her in a Carvin ad with that guitar way back when...nice score!
                          I remember that advert too!!! AWESOME score!!
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Bangles + JCFer slayer =

The Bangles + real Slayer =

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post

Picked up a 1988 Carvin DC125C and it`s pretty cool. Suposidly was owned and signed by Vicki Peterson of the Bangles. Plays really smooth, just need to lower the action a little. Weird, the pickup selector is a 3 way on this guitar. I didn't think they offered that in 1 switch back then. Seems like Hum/Split and Out of Phase. It works!!

Wow, nice guitar congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X