• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ola got me to bite...

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/bruj...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/bruj...tml?sort=3&o=4

http://s38.photobucket.com/user/bruj...tml?sort=3&o=2

Really impressed. Plays, feels, sounds like a much more expensive instrument for $750. Very light too, so no back or shoulder pain on extended practices which is more and more important as we age lol
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Been following Ola Englund's Youtube channel for a while now. I really commend him for starting his own Solar Guitars company.

These are made in Indonesia. He has a few videos on Youtube of him visiting the factory in Jakarta to quality check every guitar and he is impressed. Anyone know what specific factory makes these? I saw one comment in one of his videos that it's PT Wildwood, but I can't find confirmation anywhere else.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Washburn Solar VS Solar Guitar shootout video on Youtube.

Fun fact: The three middle letters of SOLAR are his name.

Comment

I'm even more impressed that they're made in Indonesia... up until recently when I bought a DD WR7 I had never played a guitar built there that I enjoyed playing. Maybe I played all lemons, I don't know. I just thought everything built there must suck lol. It's nice to be proven wrong sometimes ��
      Hear the universe scream
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

For the guitar industry, I've noticed every time major manufacturing fishes down the economic food chain, the country above it gains increased reverence.

In my mind, Indonesia is the next Korea. Korea is the next Japan. Japan has pretty much achieved status as a top-tier guitar-building country on par with USA. Again, in my mind.

I predict China will soon be the next Indonesia. After that, where else is there to go for inexpensive overseas guitar-building labor? African countries?

Comment

Nice! Ola's new line has me intrigued, especially the Explorer.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Nice! Ola's new line has me intrigued, especially the Explorer.
            Yup, I was looking at the Type E in Trans Blood Red, if only it had a floyd
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I'm trying to convince him to do an Artist V1.7 Joe, possibly baritone!?
              Hear the universe scream
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                For the guitar industry, I've noticed every time major manufacturing fishes down the economic food chain, the country above it gains increased reverence.

In my mind, Indonesia is the next Korea. Korea is the next Japan. Japan has pretty much achieved status as a top-tier guitar-building country on par with USA. Again, in my mind.

I predict China will soon be the next Indonesia. After that, where else is there to go for inexpensive overseas guitar-building labor? African countries?
                it's not just reverence. the average quality of the japan, korea, and indonesia instruments have all increased over time.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                  it's not just reverence. the average quality of the japan, korea, and indonesia instruments have all increased over time.
                  Because the prior “junk” builder gains skills and loses the low end manufacturing. They cut capacity and up quality. Junk goes to next cheap labor market.

Same with cars. Suddenly, Hyundais everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
                    I'm trying to convince him to do an Artist V1.7 Joe, possibly baritone!?
                    That'd be pretty neat.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Where's the pics?
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It looks like a copy of an esp copy of a king v.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

looks sharp. Congrats
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Been following Ola Englund's Youtube channel for a while now. I really commend him for starting his own Solar Guitars company.

These are made in Indonesia. He has a few videos on Youtube of him visiting the factory in Jakarta to quality check every guitar and he is impressed. Anyone know what specific factory makes these? I saw one comment in one of his videos that it's PT Wildwood, but I can't find confirmation anywhere else.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Washburn Solar VS Solar Guitar shootout video on Youtube.

Fun fact: The three middle letters of SOLAR are his name.
                            Wildwood seems right. I've seen some stuff from there, and it's not bad. Cort is huge in Indonesia and have a few different factories that make guitars of graduated levels of quality that are somewhat based on the MSRP of the completed instrument, which is kinda interesting.

I believe that Ola is working with a former higher up from Washburn, so he's got a support system for this endeavor. I think that you'll see a little more of the more popular Youtube players get into this sort of market over the next few years.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I wish he made Non-Reversed headstock models.

Comment

Working...
                              X