Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practice practice practice,,,,

practice routing that is.......

First guitar I ever bought was a B C Rich Rave, cheesey, yes but it was the mid 80s, I was making a whooping $4.10 an hour. I stripped the neck, then eventually put one of those funky single locking string thru the back Floyd Rose II s on it, drilled a zillion holes and chiseled to recess it, ended up with it a little off center but it was playable, never put a locking nut on either.

Fast forward 32 years or so and I was feeling a bit nostalgic and found an unmolested one of craigslist cheap, Instead of soaking this ne in stripper and gouging the paint of the neck with a razor blade, I sanded itdown to bare wood and finished with 1500 grit. Bought a double locking Floyd knock off and the routing template. Now that I actually understand scale length and have decent tools and real straight edge it should go a little better lol.

Just finished practice routing 5 recesses in an old 2x6, this weekend I will carve up the actual body. I think for paint, Im going 80's thrash.. paint it white with blood spatter and trace an anarchy sigh on it in "blood" with my finger. I feel like Im resto=modding a 72 ford pinto, but Im old and it takes me back to my youth....

Any sage advice before I start making wood chips??
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

That`s cool man. I seem to be coming around to stuff I had as well. The prices aren`t nearly as good these days though!!

Comment

routing is done, locking nut installed, getting ready to paint the body. Going for the 80's blood spatter and was doing a little practice today....
      Attached Files
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

I'll be real interested in seeing this one too. Let's see some before and after pictures!

Comment

Very Cool, as long as the blood spatter is not from you and the router!!

Comment

That smiley face needs to make it to the final guitar.

Comment

No smiley face but I'm going to do an anarchy symbol like that

Comment

Working...
              X