NGD: Carvin Jason Becker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Carvin Jason Becker

What a great guitar. This guitar is top quality from top to bottom. Plays so nice, just like my other 2-80`s Carvins do. Jeff Kiesel puts out some serious guitars. I don`t like what he likes, but if he`ll make what I like that`s cool. Here are the specs:

Carvin DC200 JB
    All maple body and thru neck
    25" scale neck
    24 frets
    McLaren Yellow
    24 6100 stainless steel frets
    Ebony board(no streaking)
    MOP dot inlays
    Floyd Rose
    Black hardware
    Volume knob only
    M22SD pickup
    Thicker neck profile
    Black faced headstock
    Non-locking carvin tuners
    MOP side of neck markers
    Kiesel G&G case

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Damn, Jack, that's awesome!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet guitar, congrats. Love the color.

On the logo- did they stop using "made in USA" on them?

Comment

That's cool. Love the color.

Comment

Oh man, yellow too! Nice

Comment

dude.... seriously
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool. This is all maple? What is the weight?

Comment

Beautiful, classic simplicity, and great components! Great score!
                What kind of fret wire did you order?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  On the logo- did they stop using "made in USA" on them?
                  They use Made In USA after the smaller logos. I don't think they ever did after the large logos.

Comment

Thank you Fellas!! They stopped putting Made In USA around 2013-2015, not sure why though. Yes, all maple body and neck like they used up to the end of 1989. The headstock is a 1989/90 version. They won`t do the Jackson style headstock anymore. I love both so all is good!! The guitar is heavy, probably at least 10 pounds, but not as heavy as my 1986 DC125C or 1988 DC135C. The 1988 has to be north of 12 pounds, I love heavy guitars and all maple rips. The frets are German made Jescar ss frets equal to Dunlops 6100 ss frets. I wanted 6000`s like on Jackson, but Carvin/Kiesel doesn`t carry that big but 6100`s are nice as well. More like Medium/Jumbo to me.

Comment

I just want to add and this is no way a slam against Jackson, but to tell Fender. I would have bought a Jackson, but in no way going to pay a Master Built Fee. Now, with that said, with the Jackson I could have gotten 24.75" scale, 22 frets, shark fins and a Kahler Pro. I paid around $1800 for this one. Fender would have hammered me. I love Carvins and Jacksons so I am still very happy.

Comment

Maple is awesome for a body. I ordered my Carvin 7-string in 2011 with maple body but with mahogany neck (five-piece neck with the two maple stripes). It weighs about 9 pounds.

Was going to order my Carvin 8-string in 2014 with maple body, also, but figured it might be too heavy on that. Went with alder body and maple neck with a mahogany top. It weighs about the same as the 7-string.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                            Thank you Fellas!! They stopped putting Made In USA around 2013-2015, not sure why though. Yes, all maple body and neck like they used up to the end of 1989. The headstock is a 1989/90 version. They won`t do the Jackson style headstock anymore. I love both so all is good!! The guitar is heavy, probably at least 10 pounds, but not as heavy as my 1986 DC125C or 1988 DC135C. The 1988 has to be north of 12 pounds, I love heavy guitars and all maple rips. The frets are German made Jescar ss frets equal to Dunlops 6100 ss frets. I wanted 6000`s like on Jackson, but Carvin/Kiesel doesn`t carry that big but 6100`s are nice as well. More like Medium/Jumbo to me.
                            my back is hurting just thinking about that. I don't play out often but when we do, it's a 3 hour set. I'm not in good enough shape to lug a piece of wood that heavy for that long. I'd play it all night sitting on the couch though
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Agreed, all maple is heavy for sure. I won`t even buy any solid body guitar with weight relief holes unless I am going for a semi-hollow body which I have floating in my mind right now!!

Comment

Working...
                              X