Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD + pics: 1986 Ibanez RG600 Roadstar II Deluxe Transparent Black

Specifications: http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG600

In July 2017, I picked up this 1986 Ibanez RG600 Roadstar II Deluxe (Transparent Black) for CAD$150 (USD$118.63), no case, no gigbag.

I like the Roadstar II shape, which left an indelible mark in my memory from my childhood because Marty McFly played an RS430 in Back to the Future.

Most Roadstar IIs come with some variety of mediocre tremolo with questionable tuning stability. A nice one will come with an Edge tremolo but those are uncommon. I figure a fixed bridge (Accu-Cast) won't give me tuning problems either, and are pretty uncommon too. This one has a soft-V neck carve, my first. Time will tell whether I find it comfortable.

Before I clean and set up this guitar, I need to figure out what I want to do with it. Some of the stock electronics hardware is missing, and the stock Lo-Z active pickups were fried after the previous owner spilled beer on them, so he sloppily installed some Duncan Designed Detonators (the Duncan Designed version of the Invader, except Seymour Duncan forum users seem to describe it sounding more like a Duncan Distortion) and didn't wire them properly because they sound like fuzzy single coils. My problem... after 17 years of playing guitar, I still haven't learned any electronics skills. But I figure this is a CAD$150 guitar so I should probably learn on something inexpensive like this, yet it's a solid Japanese Ibanez that will probably be awesome once it's set up and ready to rock.

Catalog scans:

On to the pics. I will likely reshoot after overhauling, especially since these images are quite grainy. Full sized versions images in my new Imgur account: http://notp1.imgur.com/

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-12-2017, 03:27 PM.

nice. Trans black with body binding. I'd buy that for a dollar
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice score, and I like the body binding!

Comment

Working...
      X