Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Anniversary model Weird Serial

Hi guys!

I'm looking at buying a Gibson Les Paul Classic 100th Anniversary, but I encountered something weird. The guitar doesn't have the coil-tap they put on it, it has the traditional two vol, two tone setup. And the serial dates to May, 2012. (15 00 25 159). The tuners have been changed from the robot tuners by the owner. This is the guitar. Any thoughts? What's going on here?

'08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Without knowing anything about Gibsons I would say that if the facts aren't adding up than it was modified by a previous owner. In my opinion that takes away from the value, at least when I'm buying.

Comment

I don't think that is a 2012. I believe they only had that headstock logo for one year - 2015. The coil tap switch was probably replaced with another pot to go back to the "classic" Les Paul look. Looks like the same person changed out the adjustable nut with a bone nut also. If you really want to know more about the guitar, re-post this on the 'mylespaul' forum - someone on there will know what the assembler of the guitar ate for breakfast the day before shipping.

Comment

Could it be a fake?
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

That's a 2015.

Comment

I went and talked to the guy. And as you pointed out, the brass nut... gone! Replaced with a bone nut. The Coil tap was replaced with a boost system which the current owner decided to scrap so there was nothing behind that pot. The tuners were included though. But I didn't dare to buy it. I sort of liked the neck though. I'm going to look at another 2015 Classic, but that one is mint.
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
            X