NGD! Red, very red....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Red, very red....

Did a bit of trading over the weekend. Picked up an EVH Wolfgang in exchange for a MIM Tele that I never played...I think I had about $200 in the Tele (got the Tele last year for a Schecter that I got in trade for two cheap 412 cabs). Plays and sounds great. Kinda pretty, and it stays in tune like no ones business. Not bad for an import...

Nice score! What pickups do they use in the imports?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweetwater says EVH Savages?

Comment

Oh, okay. Not sure what they are. Do they sound good? I've been thinking of maybe picking one of those guitars up.

Comment

They're pretty nice for stock pickups. Darker than some, but not muddy; note clarity seem decent.

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I'm wanting another guitar with a Floyd but don't want to spend a lot right now.

Comment

I let my lead guitarist play it last night. He loves it. Says it's "badass" and plays like dream...YMMV.

Comment

Nice. Imports have really come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Nice. Imports have really come a long way.
                  They certainly have. The neck on this is fantastic. Rolled edges, no fret sprout...none of the things you expect to "fix" on an import...

Comment

This will continue. There's no law that says USA stuff has to be the best.

Wait till a Chinese company with no American parent finds a way to market a high quality axe in the USA.

Comment

Looks killer! I was looking into these last year but the 12th fret dot spacing drives me nuts for some reason.

Comment

The inlays don't bother me. As a matter of fact, the more I play this guitar, the more I like it...I practically have to pry it out of the hands of other guitarists that come over. Not sure what it is, but they've all got a crush on this guitar...

Comment

Nice score! Looks to be in great shape.

I've always liked the wolfgangs. Almost bought a peavey a few weeks ago but took too long thinking on it. Got to check out one of the ht imports last weekend and it was nice
                          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                            Nice score! Looks to be in great shape.

I've always liked the wolfgangs. Almost bought a peavey a few weeks ago but took too long thinking on it. Got to check out one of the ht imports last weekend and it was nice
                            Haven't tried the HT yet, but looks cool! The necks on these are really nice! Great compound radius, and the unfinished back of the neck is speedy.

The Floyd is rock solid (surprisingly). For the money, they're tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
                            X