NGD Another Cali? Why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Another Cali? Why not?

Heh heh heh. Sometimes shit just happens. This appeared on Reverb yesterday and I swooped in and even managed to whittle the asking down to an acceptable level. The Hamer herd is growing.

Another awesome Hamer. Save some for the rest of us, will you?

Comment

Another nice one! What's up with the neck pickup, though? I thought when those came with the PATB bridge pups, they also had the PATB neck singles.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Another nice one! What's up with the neck pickup, though? I thought when those came with the PATB bridge pups, they also had the PATB neck singles.
        Not sure but it might be after market. The Elites normally came with PATB's but this is a Limited Edition and came with OBL's originally. And the Purple metal flake LE series came with EMG's, believe it or not.

Comment

Cool. I remember the one series with EMGs and the other with PATBs from a couple mid '90s catalogs I had. Can't recall the OBLs offhand.

Comment

Another great score.

Dig the purple flake. Is it uniform color, or is it sort of a coral sea type effect? Can't tell if that's the light or if it is different shades of color.

Comment

As it turns out (and I'm embarrassed I didn't catch this earlier) it's NOT a Limited Edition- it's missing the tone knob. It's a custom order Elite. Ergo, the PATB could be stock. That makes this even more of unique ax and a big score in my book. Even if the red swirled finish is less than appealing.

Comment

Very cool. Is that the PATB 1, 2, or 3? I play a PATB-1 and PATB-1n. Awesome pups.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Very cool. Is that the PATB 1, 2, or 3? I play a PATB-1 and PATB-1n. Awesome pups.
                  Gonna assume it's a PATB-1 given it's original equipment on Elites and this one was from '89. However, I can't confirm that yet.

Comment

Vector ... Monopolizing the Hamer Californian market ! Beauty.

Comment

I can't see the pic

Comment

You da man--again! Great score!

Comment

Some more photos to go with! Once again, am left impressed by the PATB-1 in this beast. This, not surprisingly, is a killer player! Not overly fond of the iridescent paint scheme but that's never really gotten in my way with the others.

Comment

I think the paint looks really cool!

Comment

I like that paint too. I could look good with gold hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X