NGD MIK BCR Gunslinger Retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD MIK BCR Gunslinger Retro

Scored a pristine yellow Gunslinger Retro last week. Added bonus that it arrived 2 whole days ahead of it's ETD.

Kickass ax in line with all the discussion of MIK axes. Well made, nicely appointed with Grovers tuners, Orig. Floyd, DiMarzio Super D. The previous owner had swapped out the Super D for a Duncan Custom Custom, which despite my initial apprehensions, sound great! This ax plays oh-so-sweetly with one of the most comfy oiled maple necks I've played since owning my last Retro- a red one with an added single coil in the neck. My only misgiving is the 22 frets, which is what prompted me to unload the red one in the first place. But this one might just stay in the herd. I'll have to figure out how to utilize this one, given it's 22 fret limitations.

Very nice man Ive been wanting one of these badly. Put some tape lines all over it and paint it black then remove the tape haha jk but seriously :P

Comment

Nice score. I also used to have one in yellow with a Tone Zone.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice score. I also used to have one in yellow with a Tone Zone.
        Toejam, was the Tone Zone aftermarket? They used to come with Super D's then they went to Rockfields.

Comment

One of these days I need to snag a lime green one. Nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            I have the Retro Yellow one. Really love it. I do too hope to snag a Green one.

Congratz on new guitar day!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

@Vector, you are right these were coming out of the factory with Super D.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                I have the Retro Yellow one. Really love it. I do too hope to snag a Green one.
                Funny story about this- I was in Reverb and saw a NOS neon green one. Some guy in Russia was selling it for a price was a little north of where it should be especially with the 120 bucks to ship from there. Figured what the hell, and pulled the trigger. The next morning I get a couple of emails saying my full price had been refunded and the transaction cancelled.
                Naturally, I sent the guy an email asking why. He responded that when prepping it for shipping he noticed an issue with the neck and he felt he had no choice but to cancel the transaction. Hmm.
                I luckily found this one. But my first choice would be a for the green one.

Comment

Nice! Love these but always been wary of new BC Rich's

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                    Toejam, was the Tone Zone aftermarket? They used to come with Super D's then they went to Rockfields.
                    Yes, I got it off ebay with the Tone Zone and a trem-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by kamanda View Post
                      Nice! Love these but always been wary of new BC Rich's
                      Hell yeah. I wouldn't touch one of the newer Chinese or Indonesian versions. Have heard horror stories galore about them.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                        Hell yeah. I wouldn't touch one of the newer Chinese or Indonesian versions. Have heard horror stories galore about them.
                        that's disappointing. I too would love a neon green one. It's also getting old hearing this so often with pretty much every import guitar.

Congrats on the sweet score though!
                        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Mine was also Korean and pretty nice. I wouldn't touch the Chinese or Indonesian versions either.

Comment

Working...
                          X