Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - a Project I've been thinking about for YEARS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - a Project I've been thinking about for YEARS...

Here's a little project I've been thinking about for YEARS, finally a REALITY!!

Body by Mitch Yenney @ KNE Guitars - "The Warren" in alder
    Paint & graphic by Robb Foran @ XXX Guitarworks - he did a great job!
    MIJ Charvel San Dimas neck, stock, came loaded - nut, string bar, and Grover tuners
    Schaller Floyd Rose
    Duncan JB pickup w/Bourns low-friction pot

This project was a lot of fun to piece together! I bought the parts over the past 3 months, and then bought the body from KNE, and had XXX Guitarworks paint it. The body arrived yesterday, so I spent the morning assembling and wiring. The final result was AWESOME! Everything went together with no drama. It plays and sounds as good as my custom shop WDM Charvels! I think I actually prefer the JB to the RTM - a bit less compressed, and with a slightly less dark sound.

I'll need to do a 'family picture' with the rest of the rodents, but was too excited to wait!!

Pics:

Last edited by chrisolson; 09-08-2016, 09:54 PM.

Nice build!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the group shot.

Comment

Very cool. That white doesn't look like paint, looks like it is solid all the way through. Kind of like a glass domino.

Comment

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
          Very cool. That white doesn't look like paint, looks like it is solid all the way through. Kind of like a glass domino.
          Ha! That's kinda funny - and I guess...a little true. Sounds as resonant as anything else I have though, so no complaints!

Comment

So do you have the snakeskin and crossed swords and bomber to round out your collection?

Oh, also you're going to need a Black Frenchie.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
              Ha! That's kinda funny - and I guess...a little true. Sounds as resonant as anything else I have though, so no complaints!
              I hope you realize, I meant that strictly as a compliment. I think the white looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                So do you have the snakeskin and crossed swords and bomber to round out your collection?

Oh, also you're going to need a Black Frenchie.

Got a friend trying to talk me into that one. But...it isn't one I would call a "classic", so...

Yep - I have all five - Bomber, Skull, Swords, Snake, and now this guy!

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
                I hope you realize, I meant that strictly as a compliment. I think the white looks awesome.
                All good - I knew what you meant!

Comment

Each time I see those guitars I wonder who wrote the "French" words on it as it's full of mistake!

Trop jeune de vivre... should be written: trop jeune pour vivre

Trop jeune de mourire... Trop jeune pour mourir

sorry, couldn't resist...
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

There's that. But then if you fix, the purists cry foul, so pretty much phuc'd no matter what.

Comment

It's like when non-Asian people get tattoos of nonsensical Chinese words.

Comment

"Soup".

Comment

You've given me the inspiration to build a guitar with nonsensical Chinese on it.

OK so I think your Warren looks awesome. If you don't mind, how much was the total cost, and how much was the Japanese Pro-Mod neck?

Comment

lol...

But tell Warren to call me the next time he writes something in French...
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

OK so I think your Warren looks awesome. If you don't mind, how much was the total cost, and how much was the Japanese Pro-Mod neck?
                              Thanks! It was fun to do! Gives me ideas for other stuff.

Total build ended up being about $875. The neck was $250. I did all the assembly, wiring, and setup, so no cost for that part beyond my time. About 2 1/2 months from when I started with the idea thru completion.

Comment

Working...
                              X