PRS Dave Navarro Refin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Dave Navarro Refin

Over the summer I got this really cool PRS Navarro which was signed by Dave and had a painting of him on the front, see below.

In all fairness to Dave I could not play out on this cool guitar with his face plastered on the front, so I refinished it in "Diamond Dust" white pearl. This is essentially a Custom 24 with a "plain" top. Check out the evolution of this killer USA made PRS that Dave Navarro of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction fame actually held and owned:

I feel bad that I erased his signature, but there was just no way you could gig with this. Now, if Carmen Electra was on the guitar, that would be a different story! Maybe I could also accept Tony Iommi, just maybe!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

BIG improvement!!

Comment

Tone knob is where his nipple would be. If Carmen Electra was on the guitar, it'd be fun to tweak that nipple.

Turned out awesome. Even though the portrait isn't as hideous as I was imagining, I wouldn't have gigged with it either!

Comment

That came out great.

Agree it was the right move, gigging with the face on it would have been strange...

Comment

Turned out great!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would have sold it to a Dave Navarro fan and got a more plain PRS for that money in return
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks, guys. It really plays well and sounds fantastic. Not sure selling it in the original condition would generate enough dough to buy another, if it was an "SE" maybe. But since I sold my old 10 ten top Custom 24 years ago I've always wanted another. This is just as good minus the gorgeous flamed top, but oh well!

Comment

You did a Really good job on that man..It looks Great..Congrats..!!!.

Comment

Thankyou!

Comment

You did the right thing. I'll bet even Dave was embarrassed by that thing

Comment

Working...
                    X