Fun incoming NGDs! FB style!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun incoming NGDs! FB style!

I was looking at Gibson RDs quite a bit lately. I just couldn't find one to chase down that did a lot for me at a price I liked. I always liked Firebirds too, but every time I play one, I just can't pull the trigger- tuning never seems to be stable, and the neck always seems a bit on the flexy side too. I like full-sized hums too, both for sound and the flexibility to change them out if I want. And then I remembered...

Well...they're not quite as cool as a Jackson FB, or an ESP ""The Phoenix", but I've pawed a few of these over the years and always really wanted to grab it, but the timing was never right. The timing wasn't right for TWO of these either, but brothers gotta stay together, right? LTD Phoenix Deluxe/1000 series. Mahogany body, maple neck-thru, ebony board and a JB/59 pickup set. Sounds about perfect!

One is waiting for me at FedEx, and the other one should be shipping Monday.

Stoked... :thumbsup:
    Last edited by chrisolson; 08-13-2016, 02:42 PM.

kick ass!! enjoy.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

nice one. They're a good looking axe
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Looking forward to these with almost the same anticipation I had with my Demartinis!

Comment

Nice! I always thought they were pretty cool looking.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow...very well balanced! Feel great to "wear", and fit, finish, playability is top-notch! It has the JB/59 combo, which is probably my favorite! Fret are smooth and shiny, well dressed. Very dark ebony board. Overall, super solid. I really like them so far!

Obligatory family pic...

Comment

Sweet. Congrats!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice! Congrats. Not sure if these came with HSC but I saw this one on CL. Thought I would pass it along.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/5734222814.html

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                    Nice! Congrats. Not sure if these came with HSC but I saw this one on CL. Thought I would pass it along.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/5734222814.html
                    Thanks! Yeah - I'm not sure how the black one survived the trip. They shipped it in one of those rectangular inner boxes, with a couple prices of styrofoam. It was pretty much loose in there. Tuner locking button and selector switch knob were broken. Surprised that was all! A testament to the build quality I guess!

Comment

Washburn too, have their Parallaxe "Priestess" series which is sort of a hybrid Explorer/Firebird shape.

http://www.washburn.com/parallaxe/priestess/

Michael Sweet has one as his main player along with his Washburn Vee.

www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
                      X