Carvin/Kiesel active electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin/Kiesel active electronics

I have been mulling over buying a Carvin JB200. They are donating and extra $100 to Jason Becker this month when you buy one which has me thinking about pulling the trigger. Recently they made the active electronics a $100 option instead of being standard. Normally they give you $100 off options at check out but when I select active electronics in the builder they do not deduct the $100. My question is do any of you have experience with their active electronics and is it worth the extra $100? Thanks for your input.

I had a DC400 years ago with the active module, and it was pretty nice. You've got your standard volume and tone when the volume pot is pulled up. When the pot is pushed down, the active bass and treble controls are on, and they work pretty nicely for boosting/cutting those frequencies. Combined with the two coil split switches and phase switch, you've got a lot of options. I really liked the phase switch sound (only works when the middle pickup position is engaged) for a little bit of a brighter/nasally type of tone when playing clean.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I was kind of bummed when they made it an option and even more when I selected it as an option and there was no deduction at the end. They also upped the price for the metallic colors to $100. Lots to think about but still a better deal than the new USA Charvels.

Comment

Weird. The active module was always standard on his sig model. Strange it says now that it's got two volumes and two tones. Maybe there's a typo or something screwy going on with their site. Call in when you order to make sure things are correct and go smoothly.

Comment

It was a recent change to make AC an option. Maybe to bring down the price a little or for people that didn't want it. I can't figure out why they don't give the $100 credit though. I tried punching in an ST-300 with AC and it shows the $100 credit. I'll shoot them an email.

Comment

Figured I'd give you an update. I was told that there is no discount on signature guitars as they are already discounted. After I sent two screen shots, one showing a 5 piece maple neck for $100 which had a $100 discount shown with the final price and one with AC selected for $100 and no discount at the final price. Their answer to that was there is a glitch in the builder and there shouldn't be any discount. So I wonder if your order through the builder and get 5 piece maple neck and it gives the discount, do they later charge you the extra $100? Either way this whole thing doesn't sit right with my Sicilian blood so it's no Carvin for me unless they come back with something better.

Comment

Hmmm. Strange. If you order through the builder and it ads the discount, they can't charge you more.

Comment

Working...
              X