The Abortions Have Arrived - Wylde Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Abortions Have Arrived - Wylde Audio

Perhaps the dumbest looking guitar I have ever seen. It is WMI S. Korea so it's probably a decent guitar but good god is it horrendously ugly. The weirdest part about the guitar was it's weight. I thought Zakk liked heavy solid bodied Les Pauls ??? This thing weighed absolutely nothing. I'm not sure what the body was but it might be plywood. It's not basswood. It was really cheap and made a cheap plywood-sounding thunk when you tapped on it.

Hey man...its got EMGs.

Comment

Sad thing is, some mouth-breather will have dropped a grand on that one long before anyone tries the Soloist behind it....

Comment

$1k. lol
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I went and looked on the Wylde Audio website and it claims these guitars have mahogany bodies. No freaking way ! Not this guitar. That thing was absolutely NOT mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
            I went and looked on the Wylde Audio website and it claims these guitars have mahogany bodies. No freaking way ! Not this guitar. That thing was absolutely NOT mahogany.
            The guitars are definitely not my taste, but I've bought mahogany a few times that's been stupid light. Like, swamp ash light. It's likely African Mahogany, which can be a bunch of different species that fall under the umbrella; some of which can be much lighter than others.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think BCR was using NATO mahogany and it was pretty light
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                My warlock deluxe is NATO, but pretty hefty
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Yeah, I'm familiar with different species of mahogany. I have lots of mahogany guitars made by WMI. None of it is like what's on this guitar. The nasty hollow thud it made when tapping on it was very telling. It was like plywood or balsa wood, weighed absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                    Sad thing is, some mouth-breather will have dropped a grand on that one long before anyone tries the Soloist behind it....
                    +1
                    sigpic
                    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      I have a import Jackson Gorija Rhoads that is built with NATO mahogany. The thing is stupid light and feels like a toy compared to my other mahogany Jacksons.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                        I picked up that Indonesian Soloist just for grins and to see what it felt like. It was pretty, had some decent pickups/hardware, ebony board but............. if felt like what it really was, an Indonesian copy trying to be a real Soloist. I didn't like the feel of the neck binding. It had a very sharp, unfinished feel on the edge that I just could never get used to. If they would fix that one thing, it would be a pretty nice guitar.

Comment

I have 2 of the same model Ibanez RGT's with mahogany and there's a huge difference in weight. But as for the Wylde guitar, I like the look except for that horn. Really kills it for me.
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Does it come with a free model of a chopper?

Comment

Originally posted by Banjowarrior View Post
                              Does it come with a free model of a chopper?
                              You know what, everyone that got scammed should contact Zakk Wylde and ask if they can turn their "free guitar" 357 Customs certificates in for a Wylde Audio guitar of their choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X