Helge Engelke Tribute guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helge Engelke Tribute guitar

This guitar will ship to next week. It is a tribute to Helge Engelke of Fair Warning and Dreamtide. Obviously Helge is inspired by Uli Roth. This is an awesome guitar. 5 piece maple and purpleheart neck with a mahogany body and flamed maple drop top. Transwhite top and oiled neck. Scalloped fretbaord after the 7th fret. Have to give props to Lundgren pickups. Wow...they sound good. The customer supplied them and I will have to try them on some future builds.

Damn, that looks really cool! Nice job.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

YES!!!! Fair Warning. He replaced Uli's brother Zeno in that band. I have 5 Fair Warning CDs It is very obvious he's an Uli nut by hearing him. You think it is Uli by his style and certainly those upper octaves.

Dude, this is the second thread about a guitar you made..the other Jack Frost.

As long as I known you I did NOT know you made guitars. I know you had guitars much like Uli's Sky guitar. But I didn't know you built them. Pardon my ignorance. I am humbled at your awesome work. I would LOVE you to make me a guitar or sell me one..didn't you sell one to Dave , Moshwitz..?? That awesome Blue V? My brain is foggy..I've been out of the loop for some time.

I just want a 24 fret white strat, scalloped maple, HSS with floyd with reversed large headstock. But I think Fender finally put out something via MIM Jimi Hendrix tribute for right hand players, or The American Special. But not with Floyd and scalloped board. I LOVE the look of the white Jimi w/reversed HS, but they reversed the angle of the bridge pup. So I must play one to see how that works for me. I'm strictly a metal guy, but love the bite of SC pups. I don't know if those gray bottom '65s are noisy.

If I like them I may buy two. One to keep just to have, and one to add floyd, pearloid guard, and Dimarzio. Maybe buy a scalloped Warmoth neck..but I need that classic Virgin Killer decal..because it won't work without that on there. Uli's old whammy bar..Uli has a ginormous whammy bar!!!

That's very nice man. No that's fuggin' awesome!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's pretty wild!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          That's pretty wild!
          Yeah, but some how tasty/classy wild
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

So, if you decide you don't like the neck or middle pickups can they be removed from the rear or is it just too f'n bad?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              So, if you decide you don't like the neck or middle pickups can they be removed from the rear or is it just too f'n bad?
              There is a small cover on the side of the guitar (not visible) to remove the neck pickup. To change out the middle pickup, the bridge pickup has to be removed. The middle can then be slid under the fretboard and out of the bridge cavity. If you notice on the back of the guitar, there are 4 "holes" - two for the neck and two for the middle PUs. These have threaded inserts. Long set screws are inserted into them and push the middle and neck pickups into place. This was a bit of a puzzle to design, manufacture and assemble.

Comment

Impressive john.

I have a similar project going but i am using the ibby simulator. Well trying amongst being a full time dad.

Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Working...
                X