Hamer Cali Std. Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer Cali Std. Project

Doubtlessly you all have it riveted into your cerebral cortex by now but I scored this Cali Std a while back and certain promises were made regarding it's inevitable modding. Well, that day has arrived.

As initially stated, I started with a custom-made replacement neck, all maple. Had a builder friend of mine help with the proper attachment. The neck was so well made and the measurements were perfect so that the heel sat snugly in the pocket. There is a minor issue of the height of the heel and the Floyd nut- the string height is a tad high. Nothing a well made shim and a squared file won't fix.

I had gutted it and now have added all new guts. Included in said guts are a CTS 500K vol. pot, a WD toggle switch, new wire and even a new jack! Did all the soldering myself. Aside from one minor switching of two wires going to the ground lug and a hot lead on the toggle switch, it wasn't too shabby, if I do say so myself!

I also installed a new SD Perpetual Burn and Hot Rails and wired them up. The crappy Schaller was replaced by an uber-cool Schaller Lockmeister. A metric shit-ton improvement! And the Perpetual Burn sounds fucking awesome! Quite a lucky gamble on my part. I have had less than stellar results in picking new, appropriate p'ups for guitars. This time, it seems I've hit it squarely outta the park!

Once the neck and nut issues are addressed, it's off to get a finish. Gonna try doing a vinyl wrap, using my own design. Hopefully, this won't have too much of a detrimental effect on the tone.

Great graphic! hahahahaha! . Wish I had the imagination to dream something like that up.
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
      Gonna try doing a vinyl wrap, using my own design. Hopefully, this won't have too much of a detrimental effect on the tone.
      It won't. I put an AXE Wrap on one of my SL2H's back in 2010 for a public National Anthem performance and it's still on there. I can't tell a difference in tone between it and my other SL2H.

I can't wait to see your "hahahaha" graphic!
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Vector. I want ha ha inlays on a joker killing joke soloist. I love that wrap.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
        X