Crate guitar.... amazingly good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate guitar.... amazingly good

So I'm sure some of you have heard of the Crate Blue Voodoo... now who has heard of Crate guitars . Seriously this thing is from 8 years ago when I first started playing, it was my first guitar and I just put strings on it today for the first time in say maybe 6 and a half years. Now that it's running through a real amp, holy shit it actually sounds fucking good, and plays pretty dam well too... I repolished the frets so they'renice and shiny but this thing sounds like a strat on cleans, and rips dirty on the high gain. Cheap Chinese for the win? This thing came in a beginners guitar package that also came along with a little crate amp (which absolutely blows) . unfortunately the high E saddle has a rusted out screw for string height adjustment however I'm looking to fix this soon, this guitar is sure fun to play again! And now that I'm way better! I should include a sound clip of this thing, but atm my recording software is not computing with windows 10, and neither is my phone so I cannot grab the pic of the actual guitar but here is the closest I found on the internet... the logo is the only thing changed. I was considering doing a pickup swap for the thing but I don't want to anymore, she rips! Those who may think I'm a liar... oh well, the guitar is really something

Hell I remember when Crate amps were practice amps that literally looked like wooden crates. I do believe that some cheap beginners guitars are pretty good for the money. I bought my niece her first electric, a Peavey Rockmaster I think it's called. No idea where it's made, but it has a full size 25.5" scale neck on a smallish single hum body, in pink sparkle. Even with the old strings, I was shocked at how well it played and sounded. It could be a little better at staying in tune, but she needs to learn tuning anyway. Kids these days...have it made with guitars and amps anyway, compared to what we had lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Crude View Post
      Kids these days...have it made with guitars and amps anyway, compared to what we had lol.
      Yep. This is a fantastic era in which to be a guitarist. When I started, a cheap beginner guitar was an unholy piece of crap. Now you can grab a used Squier for $69.00 in a pawn shop and it can actually be intonated and set for decent low action and sound good. Then there's Epiphone, low-end Jackson, Yamaha, etc...

As for amps, modern modeling can make almost anything sound respectable right out of the box.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

ouch

Comment

Working...
        X