No announcement yet.

NAD. Ibanez RG550XH Jeez... Louise.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD. Ibanez RG550XH Jeez... Louise.....

Mine is a 2010 Ibanez RG550XH. Sparkle blue. Mine has a Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and a stock single in the middle position. This guitar has voodoo electronics that simulate a neck humbucker even though there isn't one there. Why you ask? Its because there is no room for one.
    Why you ask again??? Its because this guitar has 30 FRETS!!!! That's right kiddies. 30. Not 21, not 22, not 24... 30 FRIGGIN FRETS.
    Wizard III neck, kick ass locking trem. Its the typical Ibanez RG550 shredder guitar. For you wimps who are all hung up on scale length or position of the 12th fret in relation to the body... you would cry if you played this guitar. Its for real men with REALLY small fingers (or hands as Marco Rubio would say). Imagine... 3 octaves.
    The guitar also has that cool Ibanez thumb wheel gizmo on the back to adjust spring tension on the fly. Cool.
    Fit and finish are flawless. Playability.. if you can play it. Its awesome. Sound? Perfect.. just like every other Ibanez RG with good pickups in it.
    The neck electronic virtual pickup technology almost sounds like a Fernandez Sustainor at certain frets. Instant controlled feedback.

The trick to playing this guitar is to stand up. act like a man and DON'T LOOK DOWN. If you look at the neck you will probably pass out. You can get lost on this thing. Mine came with MapQuest.

Cool guitars, but I've never been a fan of that lower horn... It looks like one good bump and it will snap off.

Here's the funky wiring diagram for the pickups...
    The secret is in that green box. It's where the magic happens.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-07-2016, 03:27 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

Working...
    X