Kiesel/ Carvin custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    Pretty much anything that is made in Korea and is priced around $500 - 1000 is going to be made by World instruments. Not sure what your price range is, but there are a bunch of builders that make seven strings these days.

I have a made in India JAckson 7 I got for 100. I am not looking to go crazy on a seven at this point but want something of higher quality and would actually like 27" scale to mess with. I'll spend on a 6 but not a seven for a custom.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Yep, I love my AW-7. It's still not as good as my Carvin 7 or 8, but pretty damn good!
      My BC Rich is as nice as any USA Select... It feels clinical and not custom, but workmanship is USA quality.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by pitboss View Post
        Anyone own a custom through Kiesel? I've looked at them for years and I'm really thinking about ordering one.
        I live about 2 miles from the factory....that's why I couldn't resist stopping by and ordering a Carvin custom. Should be done this week - I'll NGD it when I get it.
        "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

All the Carvins I've played at NAMM over the years have been very well made and have impeccable setups. I really want one.

They don't offer body binding or neck binding but for an upcharge they can fake the binding by not staining/painting the edges.

You can also get 3 different neck profiles (thin thru thick).

Comment

What I liked is that they had no issue doing things that weren't programed into a CNC machine....they just brought in the "by hand" guy and did what you wanted.
            "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
              Since you say the car in is better what do you think of this guy? They have it listed for less on eBay so I know they will deal some

https://reverb.com/item/1278503-carv...-w-case-dc-727
              That looks pretty nice, good deal to me, especially with the active electronics. I had a DC400 many years ago that was pretty similar, just a ruby red stained flame top.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
                All the Carvins I've played at NAMM over the years have been very well made and have impeccable setups. I really want one.

They don't offer body binding or neck binding but for an upcharge they can fake the binding by not staining/painting the edges.

You can also get 3 different neck profiles (thin thru thick).
                They can also do painted body binding now, black or white. It's still not real binding, but it looks pretty neat.

My first Carvin was an SC90 back in 2002 that I still own. Had a DC400 that I traded for a DC120 12-string, then I sold that. Ordered my DC727 in 2011 and DC800 in 2014. Their setups really are terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  My BC Rich is as nice as any USA Select... It feels clinical and not custom, but workmanship is USA quality.
                  I'd agree with that. My LTD doesn't really feel totally custom, but pretty close to USA quality. It's also a nice touch that it's a neck-thru with a pickguard, as you really don't see many of those around.

I also had an LTD Horizon 8-string that was real nice, had this camo-type binding on the body and neck, just it had a standard 25.5" scale which didn't work all that well for the low F#. The 27" scale of my Carvin definitely helps with that.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Yeah, World Guitar pretty much builds the highest quality imports for the lowest price. They're at least as good as MIJ Charvel/Jackson at it's prime.
                    Exactly ! The higher end World Guitars Korea models are very close to USA Jackson quality. Actually, from what I've seen of Fender USA Jackson lately, the World Guitars models are just as good........... with better finishes.

As of right now, there really isn't much being made by World Guitars. Most of the manufacturers have moved away from Korea to China and Indonesia. There is a World Guitars Indonesia plant too that puts out fairly decent guitars. If you notice on the Indonesian Jackson guitars, some have a W in the serial number "IW" and some have an S "IS". You will find that the IW guitars (World Musical Instruments) and significantly better built than the "IS" (Samick) guitars.

As far as I know right now, these are the companies still using World Musical Instruments Korea. Dean does NOT use World, they use UnSung.

1. DBZ/Diamond set neck models
                    2. BC Rich higher end neck-thru models
                    3. PRS SE's
                    4. ESP LTD neck-thru "Deluxe" models
                    5. Schecter higher end neck-thru models
                    6. Zakk Wylde's guitars(if they ever come to production)

Comment

Yep! Carvin is as good as it gets.

Last edited by PowerTube; 12-01-2015, 08:16 PM.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

What is the major difference between carvin and kiesel? They are the same shop right with Kiesel just being the higher end tops and more custom options?

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          Exactly ! The higher end World Guitars Korea models are very close to USA Jackson quality. Actually, from what I've seen of Fender USA Jackson lately, the World Guitars models are just as good........... with better finishes.
                          The binding on my BCR is nicer than Jackson binding, with absolutely no hint of joints. The paint is excellent. On my guitar there's like a 1mm x 3mm faint overspray on the binding, not even noticeable unless you take macro shots. The neck? It has that glassy cold feel that you really only get with a Jackson... it does that just as well. All of the hardware is top notch, OFR-7, the good EMGs, nice Grover tuners... And I got it for cheap. And it is overall nicer and less flawed than US Custom BCR.

They're like the perfect guitar if you were to tour... you would have an excellent axe with great fretwork, low action and they sound fantastic... and if it drops and breaks or you smash it, it's not a $5k guitar.

Comment

Lepard
                            Dean does NOT use World, they use UnSung.
                            I swore I saw something by Dean with a W or E on the back of the headstock, I'll look around for the image. There is no mistaking UnSung for World Korea ... then again US has been mistaken for USA even by Guitar Center

BTW, I know you wanted one of these, not as nice as mine, but here ya go <-- click
                            Last edited by Jackson8090s; 12-02-2015, 12:08 AM.
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I dunno who made it.

Last edited by xenophobe; 12-02-2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I have to say that the hanneman I got is built every bit as good as a us soloist. I was impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X