Robbin Crosby Tribute Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbin Crosby Tribute Firebird

Can't take much credit for this one. The customer accumulated various Jackson import parts for this build. He also painted the guitar and neck with gray and white primers, added the graphics, and added relic features. My contributions were modifying the neck heel, wiring, and a full set-up. Really cool, inexpensive tribute guitar.

That's really cool looking!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really like that....would love to strap on a Firebird for not much money.
      "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

nice one
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool

Comment

Rock on! I'm all for tribute guitars.

Comment

Love the relic look and graphics!
              MuttznMongrelz
              Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
              2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
              2013 USACG Iceman Custom
              1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

love it!!

Comment

That turned out awesome! You said you modded the heel - was it a Japanese FB2 body? The raised center section is throwing me off.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                    That turned out awesome! You said you modded the heel - was it a Japanese FB2 body? The raised center section is throwing me off.
                    I don't know where the body came from or what it was originally off of. The neck pocket was perfect and included the angle to match it with the Floyd Rose bridge. The neck is some type of Jackson import(?), but the overall thickness was 1.080". Almost all of bolt-on necks I have seen are 1.00" thick - Standard Fender. With the angled pocket and the 1.08" thick neck, the Floyd Rose bridge would have been about 1/2" off of the body. So, I just planed the back of the neck heel so the overall thickness was 1.00".
                    As far as the raised center portion of the body, I thought that was the norm. Although I have only seen the standard Gibson Firebirds which have the raised section.

Comment

This is awesome. Good work between the two of you. It is the type of guitar that makes you want to come Back For More.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                      X