Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caparison TAT vs pre-fender SL-1...two come in, only one will come out

Hey guys,

So, I want to do a little experiment. I'm the proud owner of a Caparison TAT in the more then amazing Snowstorm finish. Now I've recently come across a Pre-Fender Jackson SL-1 for an insane price. Now I only want to own 1 H.S.S guitar...and thus choices have to be made.

I will make this exact same thread in the Caparison forum, and see what the outcome is :-)

SO! the main idea of the topic is to create a discussion based on real life facts and experiences on which guitar excells in which department, and how they hold up against each other. I mainly play metalcore and proggy stuff on this guitar, and would prefer speed and growl, and a modern feel over any form of old school-ism.

So, this should be fun

Go!

I know nothing about caparison and have a few old soloists, the neck profiles on mine are all a little different. Pick which one plays better to you. Honestly I couldnt replace my soloists I've had other neck thru super strat types I prefer the Jacksons tho my NT STIII comes close.
    Last edited by j2379; 10-20-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

F' the discussion. If the Soloist is an 'insane' price, buy it. Whether you keep it or not, you can always sell it.

Comment

Caparison are made by employees who used to work for Jackson Japan, anyway. And pre Fender doesn't really mean anything. Play what you like best and sell the other.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the TAT looks cool, but it really comes down to what is comfy for you to play. For me, I don't care for painted necks so every soloist I have ever owned eventually goes "bye-bye" because of that. some people don't mind the painted neck.....

it's up to you, man.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I understand buying guitars without having played them, and when you pick, it's usually for aesthetics.

How can you pick to keep without side by side testing?
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've got a Capa TAT, and will get the Jackey this afternoon so I'll make the NGD post asap

Comment

Wasn't Caparison formed after the FMIC buyout of Jackson? If that's the case, then the Caparison would be a "post-Fender-buyout-of-Jackson" model, and you can't compare those two. You'd have to compare a JacksonStars SL-1 to a pre-Fender USA SL-1, or a Caparison TAT to a post-Fender SL-1.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by EchelonXIII View Post
                  I've got a Capa TAT, and will get the Jackey this afternoon so I'll make the NGD post asap
                  Nah, I'm pretty sure Caparison started building long before the buyout

-Found it: 1995
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Wasn't Caparison formed after the FMIC buyout of Jackson? If that's the case, then the Caparison would be a "post-Fender-buyout-of-Jackson" model, and you can't compare those two. You'd have to compare a JacksonStars SL-1 to a pre-Fender USA SL-1, or a Caparison TAT to a post-Fender SL-1.
                    No, Caparison was founded in 1995.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Owned a 2000 sl2h and a 96 tat2 a few years back. The body arch on the tat wins it for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X