Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member says Hi! Can you help me identify this guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member says Hi! Can you help me identify this guitar?

Hi guys new member here!

I wonder if anyone knows anything about this guitar I have? Guitar has a 22 fret scalloped maple neck and on the back of the headstock its marked as "Chandler" and then below that it says "San Francisco". There are no serial #'s on the guitar body or neck. The guitar has an HSS config with 5-position switch and single volume and tone knobs. It has nice low action and plays and sounds AWESOME! So was their a "Chandler" guitar Co that made these? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Is this some sort of Charvel hybrid or any Idea what year or decade this was made??

I can tell you its not a Charvel body because the electronics cavity route is not correct.
    Chandler made top quality bodies and necks.They also built some complete guitars.
    I would pop the neck off and see if it a Chandler body.
    If it is a Chandler body it will have an ink stamp saying so.
    Thats a cool guitar you have I like it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      I can tell you its not a Charvel body because the electronics cavity route is not correct.
      Chandler made top quality bodies and necks.They also built some complete guitars.
      I would pop the neck off and see if it a Chandler body.
      If it is a Chandler body it will have an ink stamp saying so.
      Thats a cool guitar you have I like it.
      Oh I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I had the neck off yesterday (had to adjust the truss rod and its a heel adjust) and there were no markings whatsoever in the neck pocket, just wood. Could it be a B. C. Rich body? I can't think of anyone else who did this "crackle" paint.

And thanks I really like this guitar too -it just reminds me soo much of the 80's

Comment

Don't think its a BCR body

Comment

everyone did crackle, including those who are no ones

Last edited by pianoguyy; 05-16-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Is that not a Chandler body as well?
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Is Chandler still around? That does look like a Chandler neck, but that thing looks prestine. It looks like it has never seen grubby hand grease ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                Is Chandler still around?
                Yeah, Chandler is still out in California. If you email them, Adrian Chandler will respond back.

Comment

The neck looks like it is well made. I love the not-over-the-top scallop job. Cool guitar.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm thinking the body might be a Series 10.

Comment

Well I found a sticker behind the neck plate that says "made in Japan", does that help?

Comment

neck is nice Chandler....body is a cheap import...make sure its not plywood
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

If it plays nice, rock on.

Comment

Working...
                          X