No announcement yet.

I few teaser pics from the ESP Custom shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats can't wait to see the finished guitar.

So so all ESP Custom shops are essentially hand built one-offs ? I guess their customs pricing makes a little more $$$ sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
      Congrats can't wait to see the finished guitar.

So so all ESP Custom shops are essentially hand built one-offs ? I guess their customs pricing makes a little more $$$ sense now.
      Yes, but US ordered CS guitars have far fewer options and are more standardized... if you notice, he's using the Japanese CS order form. That's a true one-off.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Yes, but US ordered CS guitars have far fewer options and are more standardized... if you notice, he's using the Japanese CS order form. That's a true one-off.
        tks - that makes more sense now. no wonder this thing costs more than a spec'd out Suhr ...

Never did really understand ESP's pricing model - such a big gap between the standard-original-custom

Comment

Yup mine is all Tokyo bro! I went looking for a wicked MII that has been stuck on my brain for a long time and ordered this guitar the ol' fashioned way. The guy handling my order deserves a ton of credit but I must keep them a secret.

Comment

any updated pics?

Comment

Yup this one is finished and will be on its way very soon. Here is a shot of the head stock.

Comment

awesome thats a thick looking nut

Comment

Mmm... ESP Custom fretwork is really something you have to experience. Love the rev headstock!

Comment

Comment

Very cool and one of a kind ! What kind of bridge is that ? Pretty interesting the way it's mounted.

Comment

Its a Hannes bridge. It's new to the market and my friend recommended I try it.

http://www.schaller-electronic.com/h...nes-Bridge.htm

http://guitar-bridge.com/hp292150/Ha...646de23cXY467e

Comment

That's a beautiful axe. I've only played 1 ESP in my life was an eclipse.
                          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Good choice for the football plate for the input. My CS Charvel has one similarly placed and it's the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully you like the bridge.

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
                            That's a beautiful axe. I've only played 1 ESP in my life was an eclipse.
                            The fretwork on CS ESPs is nothing short of amazing. Similar to Ibanez Sugi stuff... almost as good... like the expensive $5k Vai models or the M8M.

I love my custom Charvels and Jacksons, but custom ESP and Sugi or LACS Ibanez are really a step up.

The fret ends all really expertly hand shaped at the edge of the fretboard instead of cut short like CS Charvel and Jackson have been doing for at least a decade now.

Comment

Gorgeous!!! Unique Bridge on that beauty too. Had a First Act Lola with the Through Body Sustain Block through the body like that and it was quite a nice feature and sounded great but had a TOM Bridge - nothing elaborate/high tech like yours. Enjoy.
                              Last edited by MuttznMongrelz; 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM.
                              MuttznMongrelz
                              Recovering G.A.S.-aholic

1988 Jackson Soloist Custom "Glow In The Dark Lava"
                              2006 Jackson Soloist Custom "Red Snakeskin"
                              2013 USACG Iceman Custom
                              1992 Peavey 5150 Signature Combo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                                Good choice for the football plate for the input. My CS Charvel has one similarly placed and it's the best thing ever as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully you like the bridge.

The fretwork on CS ESPs is nothing short of amazing. Similar to Ibanez Sugi stuff... almost as good... like the expensive $5k Vai models or the M8M.

I love my custom Charvels and Jacksons, but custom ESP and Sugi or LACS Ibanez are really a step up.

The fret ends all really expertly hand shaped at the edge of the fretboard instead of cut short like CS Charvel and Jackson have been doing for at least a decade now.

I have a Custom Charvel, 2 custom Jacksons, and a custom Suhr I'm going to compare the ESP to and rate it on quality, stability, and tone. If I can get photobucket to upload my videos I'll post clips of it, pics I'll take in the sun.

I'm worried about the 5A top looking like a 5A top, the scalloped frets 12th to 24th, and the Hannes. The worry being the 5A was very expensive so it better be a looker, the scalloped frets should be so well done I forget they're scalloped (I'll explain that in the review), and the Hannes leaves me wondering what it brings to the table.

Fedex says this fiddle should arrive on the 23rd.

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Comment

Working...
                                X