Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

korean deans - un sung vs. world guitars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korean deans - un sung vs. world guitars....

....which would be better?

I just started a new project where I am tuned down to drop C. I wanted a pointy, garish guitar and my local GC had Dean Razorback V for $225. It has the EMG pickups, rusted strings, years of gunk and funk....you know, typical GC used guitar enhancements. Anyway, turns out it is a 2007 Un Sung made instrument. It plays really well, and (with the help of the soul-less EMGs) sounded good.

I have some PRS SE guitars made by World Guitar and they are UNREAL. How does Un Sung compare?

Thanks!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Go buy that guitar as fast as you can. Dean is not making Razorback V's any more(haven't for about 6 years or so) and they are going up in value. Those are really good guitars. The licensed trem is slightly mediocre but the rest of the guitar is great. I have the a white UnSung Razorback V that I got from Virus of Dope/Device that was his main touring guitar for a couple years.

Comparing World Musical Instrument to UnSung is a bit complicated. If you had your choice between a 2015 World guitar and a 2015 UnSung guitar, I would take the World Musical Instrument model, slightly higher quality and more consistent in their perfection. Back when Dean used World in the mid-90's to 2006, you could see World Korea getting better and better each year. Now they are great. UnSung can spit out some seriously great guitars but they aren't as consistent, may have some minor finish flaws. Some of my best players are UnSung Deans. That Razorback should be a good guitar and is worth way more than $225.

Comment

cool. it was still on "police hold" so I put a deposit on it the other and will pick it up at the end of the month.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Here's mine:

You can see it used in these Dope videos:

Dope - Addiction
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJbY3hEXB8

Dope - Violence
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YrT2isDrU

Comment

cool!!!

Mine is the black with silver bevels. I think I am going to swap the bridge for a FR1000 I have laying around. It's black, but I will swap out the other hardware too.
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            cool!!!

Mine is the black with silver bevels. I think I am going to swap the bridge for a FR1000 I have laying around. It's black, but I will swap out the other hardware too.
            Let me know if that FR1000 works out as a direct swap. These Dean licensed trems are a bit weird, not sure if it will be a direct swap or not. If I had to guess, I would guess it won't fit. Virus probably would have changed it out on mine since it was his main guitar for a couple years.

Comment

ok - i'll let you know. I am going to have to take this sucker apart to clean it - it is gross. Hopefully the bridge will fit. If not, no biggie. The stock bridge worked fine, it is just gross. Whomever owned this guitar NEVER cleaned it or appears to have washed their hands. I thought I was going to need a tetanus shot after playing it....
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

The bass side looks smaller so an OFR probably wont fit without some routing.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                X