Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Fender Limited Edition Sandblasted Ash Telecaster Sapphire Blue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Fender Limited Edition Sandblasted Ash Telecaster Sapphire Blue!

So this all started when my beloved wife showed me a link on the Fender's site with these Limited Edition Sandblasted Telecasters, as I wasn't aware of these...

I've been looking for quite some time to get a Telecaster. I wanted something a little different from the super-strat shape guitars I bought over the years, and the Telecaster shape has grown on me. Undecided what to get (so many models and colors...), this had to be it!

To each their own, tastes are subjective, but I simply loved the finish! And, the day my local store received this one we visited the store and me and my wife loved it, of course. Pics don't do it justice, it's simply beautiful in person (again, my tastes ). I wanted to stay away from the traditional butterscotch blonde finish, but wanted a "vintage" looking Tele with a maple board and 3-saddke bridge. And I felt in love with this finish, a modern/vintage blend to my eyes, that almost look like a swirl.

So, with the help of my dear father, 25 years after my first Fender (and first guitar), an American Standard Stratocaster, I have now a USA made Telecaster.

And I simply love it, it's great and refreshing to have something so "simple/basic". The neck is wonderful, it plays amazing, it sounds great with that Twang... oh well...

Finally, the pics (cell phone pics, nothing special, with the guitar still with the plastic on it), since each one is different and only 250 were made of each color:

Last edited by armdias; 04-13-2015, 04:34 AM.

WTF?

Geez.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      WTF?

Geez.
      I was having problems with the pics, and since I couldn't remove the thread, It had to wait until now. Now it's a "normal" post

Comment

That finish is great. Nice Tele!

Comment

I like it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very nice, I have a couple of USA Fender teles that I play a lot.

Not what you bought it for I'm sure, but you also might be surprised how well they can sound fired up through a traditional metal guitar rig.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

sweet

Comment

teles are awesome. I love mine - used to record all the rhythm tracks (using a JCM800 and a Triple Rec) for my band's last album. enjoy it!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
                  That finish is great. Nice Tele!
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    I like it.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      Very nice, I have a couple of USA Fender teles that I play a lot.

Not what you bought it for I'm sure, but you also might be surprised how well they can sound fired up through a traditional metal guitar rig.
                      Thanks

Yeah, I bought it for cleans and that "twang", and I already tried it with a metal rig. Sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
                        sweet

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          teles are awesome. I love mine - used to record all the rhythm tracks (using a JCM800 and a Triple Rec) for my band's last album. enjoy it!!
                          Thanks!

Definitely agree with you. And it's quickly becoming one of my favorite guitars

Comment

Love it! Congratz and keep the wife!
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Love the ash with that blue! Congrats.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X