Les Paul Double Cut Anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Double Cut Anyone ?

Thought I'd give one of these a try. They sell for significantly less than a regular Les Paul Standard and come with 24 frets and the good 498T/490T pickups. Not sure why they don't get a lot of love as I think this thing is beautiful.

Wow thats a beautiful guitar

Comment

Very cool! Always liked them. I think they stopped making them with 24 frets and went back to 22, didn't they?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
        Thought I'd give one of these a try. They sell for significantly less than a regular Les Paul Standard and come with 24 frets and the good 498T/490T pickups. Not sure why they don't get a lot of love as I think this thing is beautiful.

Lepard - are you shitting me ? First the faded and now this ? lol

We seem to be buying the same guitars lately !!!

Umm ... I'm putting the gold pickup covers back on ... looks sexier !

Comment

That's pretty awesome, too, gfunk!

Comment

I always liked the double cuts too! Nice guitars.

Comment

What's that specific model called? I found one that looks like it, but it has body binding and is the price of a Les Paul Standard here...

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                Wow thats a beautiful guitar
                +1000. Congrats Lepard....I'm not really a Gibson guy, BUT there is not one thing that I do not love about that guitar!
                "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                  What's that specific model called? I found one that looks like it, but it has body binding and is the price of a Les Paul Standard here...
                  Apparently, Gibson calls this the Les Paul Standard DC Plus. Looks like they were made from 1998-2006.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Division...%20Cut%20Plus/

Somebody on some YouTube video said that Gibson got heat from PRS's attorneys and quit making them. I have no idea if there is any truth to that. Gibson occasionally releases a doublecut but they are usually low end models without binding, inlays or nice tops.
                  Last edited by lepard; 04-11-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

The 2015 double cuts also change the cutaway and horn shapes. The old ones I like.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Nice! I'd rather have that than a PRS.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                        Somebody on some YouTube video said that Gibson got heat from PRS's attorneys and quit making them. I have no idea if there is any truth to that.
                        I don't think there's any truth to that. Didn't Gibson do a double-cut long before PRS was even around? Hamer also did.

Comment

I was never a huge fan, preferring offset (natch, Fender style) horns as a young guitarist. But seeing guys like Gary Moore & Steve Stevens playing Hamer's take on the shape turned me on to them.

Yours is a fantastic colour & looks great with the gold hardware
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I don't think there's any truth to that. Didn't Gibson do a double-cut long before PRS was even around? Hamer also did.
                            Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Gibson is doing a doublecut for 2015 but it's pretty plain with 22 frets and all the 2015 features that almost nobody likes.

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
                              Lepard - are you shitting me ? First the faded and now this ? lol

We seem to be buying the same guitars lately !!!

Umm ... I'm putting the gold pickup covers back on ... looks sexier !

Amazing, how long have you had yours ? Did you add the extra switch ? Coil tap ?

Comment

Working...
                              X