NGD! EBMM Majesty 7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! EBMM Majesty 7!

Been trying to get one of these for months! It was well worth every guitar I sold to get it! Behold, my new love!

Wow, that's killer! Congrats. Love that color.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice Grab brother!!!
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

Looks great! I saw those at NAMM 2014. Quite a bit of ergonomics were involved in building that model for John Petrucci. The arc of the controls were designed optimally for Petrucci's arm. The pickup selector switch was also designed for him as he claimed he could hear a lag when switching between bridge and neck pickups during fast runs. So they made a switch that has less "bounce" when you flip it so it responds quicker. Lots of stuff that you don't visibly see. Or so I was told by one of the EB designers. He was at the booth at NAMM unofficially and struck up a conversation with me when I was taking pix Congrats!
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

sweet

Comment

Awesome! let us know more about it. I have 2 JP6 and really like them. Congratz and enjoy.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Cool guitar. Is that black piece on the body just paint? Or is something actually inset into the body? If so, what?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Cool guitar. Is that black piece on the body just paint? Or is something actually inset into the body? If so, what?
                I believe it's laser-etched maple made to resemble carbon fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I believe it's laser-etched maple made to resemble carbon fiber.
                  You are correct sir! I love Jacksons but this is the most perfect guitar I've ever played! Absolutely love it!

Comment

I'm glad my memory is still pretty good!

I'm not that crazy about the shape compared to his original model, but I'm sure it plays like a dream.

Comment

Looks killer!
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I've got two original JP6 guitars and one thing I liked about these as compared to all the other models that's come out is that it's so drastically different. In my opinion it's a huge leap forward! It's the most comfortable and even playing guitar that I've ever played! It so well balanced not only in weight but also the string height and the way the notes ring out. It's like everything about it is ergonomically correct.

Comment

Wow, that's different - in a good way. The "carbon fiber" section is particularly a nice touch. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

I'm not that crazy about the shape compared to his original model, but I'm sure it plays like a dream.
                            My thoughts exactly. Though seeing them live last year, John was playing a sunburst version without the "carbon fibre" finish in the middle and it didn't look too bad.

Interestingly EB has now made what could be described as a "Guthrie inspired" JP model with a burnt maple neck.

http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/jp15.html

Congrats bjammer! No doubt it plays great.
                            www.vvforums.com

Comment

I like it a little better without the carbon fiber part.

Comment

Working...
                              X