My Carvin has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Carvin has arrived!

All I can say is...... wow. This may seriously be the best playing guitar I've ever had my hands on.

Last edited by PowerTube; 11-06-2015, 09:00 PM.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Gorgeous, dude. Love everything about it. Congrats.

P.S.- Carvin seems to be doing a better version of the chlorine finish than Jackson itself is doing these days. LOL

Comment

Striking to say the least! That quilt is amazing and I really like the front and back. Your color choice is spot on and that fretboard makes me want to jam. A knock out custom for sure dude.

Comment

Thanks, guys. It only took a bit over two months to get it with the exact options I wanted, and it came in safely under $2000.00 with hardshell case included.

I've heard a lot of criticism of the Carvin pickups, but I love these. I'm not sure if it's the pickups or the maple, but this guitar has a very crisp and defined sound, with great note definition, and that really appeals to me.

Comment

Let me also add that there's another thing that greatly appeals to me. Notice how the high "e" string doesn't hang almost off the edge of the fretboard. That has always been a major annoyance to me and I see it all over the place. So if I pull off on the high "e" string, it doesn't fret out over the edge of the fret.

This guitar is a winner all the way around.

Comment

That is amazing looking!
            Congrats on a nice score.

Comment

As a couple of people pointed out on the Carvin forum, it looks like there's a bat underneath the Floyd and I also see an alien between the pickups.

Comment

I just saw that over on the Carvin forum. That quilt is so awesome!

How do you like the satin on the back of the neck?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  As a couple of people pointed out on the Carvin forum, it looks like there's a bat underneath the Floyd and I also see an alien between the pickups.

Can't unsee

Great looking guitar man! Even the back is gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I just saw that over on the Carvin forum. That quilt is so awesome!

How do you like the satin on the back of the neck?
                    Thanks. It feels good. It's definitely slick and that's what I wanted. It's a new experience because I've never tried satin before.

Comment

Yeah, their satin is pretty nice. Their regular gloss is pretty slick, too. I've got tung oil, satin, and gloss Carvins, love them all.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

...Is that a finish crack I see on the lower point of the headstock?
                        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous. There have been catalog covers and ads with less attractive guitars on them. Really well spec'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                            ...Is that a finish crack I see on the lower point of the headstock?
                            No. It's a little anomaly in the finish but not a crack.

Comment

Congrats dude. I'm liking the chlorine (and quilt) on your Carvin a lot better than some of the chlorine PC-1 s I've seen.

A lot of Carvins on the board lately. I've ordered 2 myself in the past 6 month. LOL

Not sure who started the trend ...

Comment

Working...
                              X