No announcement yet.

Anyone check out the new Carvin / Kiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gfunk that translucent white LPM6 is really nice! I would have a hard time turning that one away. Carvin is really putting out some great flamed maple these days.

Comment

Ordered !!! $1,500 and change total w/ case (it's a sig / so somethings I couldn't change).

Got rid of that sig. inlay - not a fan. Black ebony fret board is fine w/ me.

Will post photos as soon as it arrives.

Unless someone else already order one on JCF - this should make me the first to own a Kiesel on this board

Hell of a (custom) guitar for $1,500 !!!

Specs:

LPM6
      Right Handed
      1 $1,199.00
      -MAH - Maple Neck/Mahogany Body (Standard) $0.00
      CS - Satin Matte Finish $0.00
      FDL - Deep Lizardburst Flame $250.00
      THNN - Thinner Neck Profile $0.00
      -H33 - 6-String Pointed Headstock 3+3 (Standard) $0.00
      -PH - Headstock To Match Body Finish (Standard) $0.00
      EFB - Ebony Fingerboard Black (No Streaking) $30.00
      NIN - No Top Inlays - Side Dots Only $0.00
      STF - Stainless Med-Jumbo Frets .048" H .103" W $40.00
      -R14 - 14in Fretboard Radius (Standard) $0.00
      -K12B - Kiesel K12B Direct-Mount Passive Bridge Pickup (Standard) $0.00
      -K12N - Kiesel K12N Direct-Mount Passive Neck Pickup (Standard) $0.00
      -400 - Black Pickups (Standard) $0.00
      -CHR - Chrome Hardware (Standard) $0.00
      009 - Elixir 942E Super Light Gauge .009 - .042 $0.00
      WL - White Logo $0.00
      HC10 - Black Tolex Hardshell Guitar Case $90.00
      Custom Shop Total: $1,609.00
      Options Discount: $-100.00
      Sub-Total $1,509.00

Comment

Sweet! Now let the 8 to 12 weeks of waiting begin.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's going to be awesome!

Comment

Congrats! Mine is due on Monday.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

One of the things I'm really excited to see first person is the satin finish over this "lizard burst". Never had a satin finished guitar before - besides my Gibsons all of my guitars are poly over flame / quilt tops. Gets boring after a while. Some thing different to look forward to ....

Also excited to what these new "Kiesel" pickups are about. Toejam - you got any inside scoop or heard anything about these ? Are they just rebranded Carvins C22s or a whole new different design / wound all together ?

Guys here is a quick look at the LM model. I got the satin finish w/ a burst and got rid of his sig inlay lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpu...g&spfreload=10

These being the first iteration of the Kiesel models - I'm really hoping they come out with a bang and build to impress. Something tells me they will - if they want to build up the brand.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Sweet! Now let the 8 to 12 weeks of waiting begin.
              I hope so - I'll be happy if it gets here before our summer vacation.

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
              Congrats! Mine is due on Monday.
              PowerTube - what was your time frame ? Remember you ordered not too long ago and started a thread before it got lost in the purge lol

Post some pics - let us know what you think - I'm still curious to see how your stain finished neck turns out.

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
              That's going to be awesome!
              Thank you - my poor man's Suhr @ 1/3 cost or less (actually not true at all - don't think Suhr makes a neck-thru)
              Last edited by gfunk333; 03-13-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Carvins are nice. Always the most consistently setups at NAMM for the past 10 years. I played almost all the guitars in the booth and they were all flawless. If you call them, you can get extra options...3 neck profiles!

Kiesel...Carvin...that's a naming clusterfuck that they did a poor job of communicating.

All the guitars are made by the Kiesel dad and son. They are keeping the Carvin and Kiesel names. Some guitars will be Kiesel-branded only. Kiesel doesn't mean high end. The further confuse, they're all over social media sites calling certain options "Kiesel treated".

My guess is that the Kiesel dad and son saw that they could make more money with their own name instead of the Carvin name. The fact that certain guitars are Kiesel only mean that they probably own full rights to those shapes/models. And now they will do some crazy wood stuff that they would never do before. There were some major multi-laminate guitars that were in the $5-$6k range at the show. They're probably seeing more people buying high end guitars and demanding more options and now they are happy to oblige.

Branding cluster aside, awesome guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
                  PowerTube - what was your time frame ? Remember you ordered not too long ago and started a thread before it got lost in the purge lol

Post some pics - let us know what you think - I'm still curious to see how your stain finished neck turns out.
                  My estimated completion date was March 3rd, but it didn't ship until Tuesday, March 10th. I got a bit concerned because I kept reading about guitars showing up 1-2 weeks early. Mine also never appeared on their Facebook page. But of course, they can't put them all on there.

I'm also intrigued by the direct-mount pickups, which I've never tried before.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
                    Also excited to what these new "Kiesel" pickups are about. Toejam - you got any inside scoop or heard anything about these ? Are they just rebranded Carvins C22s or a whole new different design / wound all together ?
                    They're supposed to be a brand new design.
                    I've actually got an 8-string version lying around that Jeff Kiesel sent me to check out, because I ordered my 8-string last year when they first started doing new passive routes for their guitars, but the pickups weren't ready yet, so I just got a Duncan Nazgul and sent it in. A few months after I had the guitar, Jeff sent me the pickup, but I really love the Duncan and don't want to take it out, so the Kiesel is just sitting around collecting dust.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X