Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Hey guys, its been a while!

I put this on layby back in November as an late christmas present, and a late 25th birthday present to me. Yesterday, I finally paid it off, and it arrived this morning!

This is a 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 120th Anniversary (has 120th Anniversary on the 12th fret). Such a beautiful guitar! I haven't had a chance to plug it in as my rig is at home, but acoustically she plays really nice.

This is the only photo I have now, but I will take more later. May even get a group photo with all of my guitars when I get back home.

Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
    Fender Stratocaster (2006)
    Jackson PC-1 (2012)
    Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
    Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Congrats man!

Comment

That is a great guitar! Congrats!

Comment

Looks good, enjoy it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice guitar. Everyone needs at least one LP!

Comment

Originally posted by Frfurter View Post
            Nice guitar. Everyone needs at least one LP!
            Or 6.

Enjoy it!

Comment

Very nice. The last good year for Les Pauls as Gibson has completely screwed them up now.

Comment

Very cool. Love that color.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cheers everyone! I'll get some more good pictures of it when I get a chance.

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  Very nice. The last good year for Les Pauls as Gibson has completely screwed them up now.
                  I don't even want to know about the 2015 Gibsons... They have definitely screwed them up!

I tell you what, I'm loving this 50's neck profile that is on it. I'm used to playing Les Paul's with 60's profiles, but I'm getting used to it real quickly. I can't put it down!
                  Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
                  Fender Stratocaster (2006)
                  Jackson PC-1 (2012)
                  Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
                  Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
                  Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

50's necks are nice.
                    They aren't all that big but just right IMO.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congratulations, she is a beauty! Traditionals are great guitars, I love mine. I have been playing primarily LP's sicne April 2012 when I landed my first ever LP, a Trad +. I now have a couple of historics to go with.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, I've been buying a few myself. Here's my latest.......... a 2005 Standard Faded.

Just picked this one up dirt cheap on eBay Sunday night. Haven't received it yet. Will wait to see if it's a keeper or not.

Last edited by lepard; 03-19-2015, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                          Yeah, I've been buying a few myself. Here's my latest.......... a 2005 Standard Faded.

Just picked this one up dirt cheap on eBay Sunday night. Haven't received it yet. Will wait to see if it's a keeper or not.
                          Happy NLPD !

Leopard - the faded are great - loving the matte / satin finish. If you want to shine it up just apply some ebow grease and polish. There's much discussion to the faded LP's being the "best" sounding and most resonate of the LPs due to the thin finish.

http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2012/...-sounding.html

Here's mine - god damn 12 lbs though !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
                            Happy NLPD !

Leopard - the faded are great - loving the matte / satin finish. If you want to shine it up just apply some ebow grease and polish. There's much discussion to the faded LP's being the "best" sounding and most resonate of the LPs due to the thin finish.

http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2012/...-sounding.html

Here's mine - god damn 12 lbs though !!!

Very nice. The pic I posted was after being lemon oiled. That does tend to soak in and fade out. I'm waiting on my Virtuoso Polish to show up to make it really shine.

Comment

Working...
                            X