1 custom Suhr completed and ready to come home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 custom Suhr completed and ready to come home

It took 6 months from the day I ordered this guitar to the moment I received a phone call from Matt's Music informing me that my custom Suhr had arrived in their shop last night and was finished ready to ship home. I'll be paying off the rest of this guitar today and should be welcoming my new fiddle in about 4-7 days weather permitting. I own a few customs but this is my first time going through the process from start to finish. Usually I buy customs after they are already made as a special run. A full review to come soon with many more pics and hopefully this Suhr turns out to be a great guitar. It certainly cost enough.

Jay at Matt's Music mentioned to me this kind of finish is very hard to take pictures of but he snapped a few shots for me. I love the reversed headstock and the blue tinge to the finish. My Suhr Lime Green Freeze plays and sounds amazing so we'll see what a custom Suhr can do.

This one is a Modern Waterfall Burl Maple Blue Denim Slate.

Specs:

2-piece Mahogany body
    Waterfall Burl Maple 2-piece top 3/16"
    Gotoh 510 recessed bridge
    Mahogany neck w/ Pau Ferro fretboard (toejam's personal favorite )
    Black Suhr locking tuners w/ Tusq nut 1.650" nut width
    1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way switch
    Suhr SSV Humbucker (n), SSH+ Humbucker (b)
    Custom G&G Hardshell Case
    24 Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets

nice
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

That looks pretty damn amazing, congrats. Love the figuring in that fretboard, and pao ferro is my favorite.

I've seriously considered doing a Suhr custom order, too. I just can't seem to pull myself away from J/C enough to go through with it. These threads aren't helping that internal debate. LOL
      Last edited by shreddermon; 03-03-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Can you tell me where to get a Custom shop order form?

Comment

Suhr makes a great guitar...looks good!

Comment

Cosmiceddie...contact Matts Music. I believe they are the #1 Suhr dealer in the country and they are great to deal with!

Comment

Very nice looking!
              Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                That looks pretty damn amazing, congrats. Love the figuring in that fretboard, and pao ferro is my favorite.

I've seriously considered doing a Suhr custom order, too. I just can't seem to pull myself away from J/C enough to go through with it. These threads aren't helping that internal debate. LOL
                I know the Suhr production guitars are really well made and the Lime Green Freeze I have continues to impress me with its tone, tuning stability, and feel so if their custom models are their very best work then you have to get one. The price tag can be a punch to the stomach and not everybody is a Suhr fan but to own a really well made guitar is truly exciting. We certainly spent enough years playing low end guitars to develop the skills, might as well go for it one day and get something you would savor to play. My custom Jackson's and Charvel's have kept me in absolute heaven.

If you honestly want one and have the cash it's an experience I think all musicians should enjoy.

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
                Can you tell me where to get a Custom shop order form?
                You have to click on the words in the description here to get a blank Suhr order form....http://www.mattsmusic.com/SUHRCUSTOM-prod.html

Comment

Looks great man - congrats!
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Fuck yeah! That looks great, Rick.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Too bad it doesn't have a Gotoh! :p
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Haha xeno! I'm actually sweating bullets over this fiddle. My palms are clammy.

Here is the kicker....my custom ESP MII will be finished in a few weeks with that 5A maple cap. I'm going crazy over here.

Comment

Well you're gonna have some nice NGDs soon!
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Nice one! Congrats.

Comment

That's nice. Congrats.

I can relate: today was the projected due date on my Carvin build. But they haven't charged my card or updated my order from "Processing" yet.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X