What's the deal on Peavey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal on Peavey???

I've only found small bit's of peoples opinions on what has happened, not what has actually gone down. Anyone here know? I quit watching Undercover Boss long ago so I didn't see the program where every body's feathers got ruffled. Just curious and thanks for your time.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

I must be living in a cave. Has something happened to them?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I didn't see it, but from what I heard the episode went by the usual formula, with promises made & cash given to the main people they followed, but then when they did followup at the end of the show, people ended up laid off & screwed over after Peavey went ahead with major downsizing & offshoring.

Recap:
      http://m.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/...y-electronics/

Full episode:

Comment

I for one never believed in Hartley Peavey.

Comment

I used to work with a guy who knows Hartley personally, and was actually in his wedding.

But there have been very few of their products I would care to own; guitars, amps, PA gear, whatever. Their stuff just never did it for me.

Comment

Wow, that was sad to watch. That was a perfect example as to what has happened to jobs and manufacturing in the USA.

Comment

I've owned a few Peavey amps... never did anything for me. Always could get close to what you wanted, but never quite there, at least for me.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Maybe I just don't have a clue about such things, but it seems to me that if they want to revamp/rebuild the company, the way to go about it is NOT to start importing cheap crap. Peavey isn't exactly known for prestigious gear in the first place; most people think of a lot of their stuff as starter instruments. So now they want to stoop to competing against other cheap crap?

Jackson can somewhat get away with that, because a lot of younger players want that "prestige" of the Jackson name on the headstock. Same with Fender, Ibanez, and a few others. But Peavey?

What they should do is focus on a limited selection of top notch American-made products, or at least until their name carries some weight.

Comment

The ONLY top quality stuff they've ever made IMO is the Vandenburg model (now the V-type) and some of their PA systems/power amps. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

That is so sad. Thank you gentlemen for your input.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

My peavey jsx and bandit are super good amps.
                      Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Originally posted by charvelsteen View Post
                        My peavey jsx and bandit are super good amps.
                        One of my best guitars is my Wolfgang Special, the bottom of their US line
                        at the time. Almost as nice a guitar as my Music Man Axis, upon which it's based...

Comment

Love my JSX, too. Great amp.

It'd be a shame if Peavey is really going downhill, and outsourcing most of their line. Not sure what to make of this.

Comment

Regardless of common perceptions, I do think they make some decent gear. But I also think they make too much of it, as in too many models.

If you look back over their history, it seems that they've changed their offerings at a very fast pace. Jackson has had the SL2H since, what, the early 90's? Same with the SL1, the Warrior, etc.... The Fender Stratocaster has been around since 1954 and the Telecaster even longer. And of course, the Gibson stuff.

But how long has a Peavey model remained running before they eliminated it?

Comment

When that ugly fat dude got his money for his mum i almost cried.
                              Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X